blown motor can it run on 3 cyliders???

91sib16

5+ Year Member
Hey my buddy blew hi H22a in his gsr he's getting a new motor but was wondering if we could shut that cylider down by taking the plug and injector out would that work? Prob not but would be cool if it did!!!!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends on what he broke. i wouldnt recommend doing that though

also if u pull the injector whats going to stop fuel from pouring outta the fuel rail.

fronomo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no need to go expiramenting with it........let it die a nice death........don't accellerate the process. i mean would you go and make an 97 yr old on their death bed run a 26 mile marathon? no. so let it be

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It can be done.

I had a client that drove a Mazda Protege' that ran on 3 cylinders

He didn't pull the spark plug though, he did something with the exhaust valves to keep them open all the time. What? I don't know. I don't imagine he pulled the cyl head to drop the valves out. That's a lot of work and a new head gasket. He probably just ran the valve screw adjusters all the way in to where they would be open all the time.

It shook like hell and had no power whatsoever. It would rattle fillings loose at idle

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it would probably run so f**ken shitty if you could jimmy rig it to run like that, it wouldn't even be worth it, H22's are cheap man tell him to just get another one, they are less than B16's in most cases