Blown motor/cylinder??

DhN

5+ Year Member
i did a 6 hour road trip with my turbo ls in my hatch. it went fine. no problems at all no smoke no weird noises nothing. i changed my oil before the trip..checked the levels it was fine. i come home to drop off my suitcase and rest for about 20 min..then go off to the mall. go in the mall for about 2 hours. come back out and its missfiring horribly..sounds like a wrx i tried to drive it but it has like zero power and then just shuts off. what could this be? i didnt beat on it or anything.

mosaic_hardflip

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like a boost leak.....check all you IC piping

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a boost leak.....check all you IC piping
Gotta love misinformative information.

OP. Does the car smoke abnormally then clear up? This could be a blown headgasket. How much do you boost?

DhN

5+ Year Member
it smoked a bit...but i left it overnight..it started up...still had no power but it soudned a bit better...theresoil around my oil cap..and valve cover..not alot but its there...idk what it could be...this sucks

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it smoked a bit...but i left it overnight..it started up...still had no power but it soudned a bit better...theresoil around my oil cap..and valve cover..not alot but its there...idk what it could be...this sucks
Heres what happens when you push a headgasket: Car starts and runs fine. Car will smoke a little. When car gets to operating temperature coolant will start to seep into the cylinder. Coolant fouls out spark plugs and sounds like a WRX. After your ride, you shut the car down. While the car is cooling its still hot and holding pressure in the coolant system. That pressure will leak into the combustion chamber once again making it nearly impossible to start the car. If it sits for a LONG period of time, the coolant/oil mixture will eventually run passed the rings into the crankcase and give you the milky oil. Change your oil and report back.

If there is no milky oil, your headgasket isnt that bad. It will get worse though.

Get a leakdown test and let us know whats up. :thumbs up

Rountreesj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ummm, i'm definitely inventing a uni-block/head engine without a head gasket...no headgasket problems ever...jk...but the do suck so bad when the blow...

DhN

5+ Year Member
turns out it was my spark plugs..changed them..car runs fine