Blox Spherical Endlink + GSR sway Review

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ive been hunting for some endlinks for around a month, and I was nearly ready to give in and buy some OEM's off of HT. While searching for the thread I went to the first time, I found a thread about spherical endlinks for $45 shipped. I went in, and they're basically the Function 7's, but like $10-15 less shipped to my door. I scrolled through to see if there were any reviews, but there werent any because no one had bought a set yet, so I said why not and went ahead and bought them on the 12th.

I recieved them today, and these things are the s**t. The endlinks went on perfectly without a problem.. The problem however came when I went to bolt up the bracket, and found that I completely forgot that my car didnt have those welded nuts on the subframe so I had to run up to the hardware store and get some nuts. After I bolted up the brackets I torqued everything down and took it out for a spin. I bolted them up really quick and even with just a GSR rear sway, I can still feel a great difference in the way my car handles.

What I like is when I plan on doing auto-x, and I see that the course is biased to one type of turn (left or right), I can adjust the endlinks accordingly to get an advantage. Another thing that I also thought about is Ive heard that some people have had to reroute their exhaust because their rear sway is in the way ( I think Eran had to do this...). I think with modifications to the subframe brace, you can move the swaybar up and down to clear the exhaust.

here's what they look like:

Overall, I give these a pretty big :thumbup:..

syclone

Total Noob
5+ Year Member
nice! :thumbs up

i changed the endlinks on all my cars as well to the spherical..

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Umm I can get you some :thumbup:..
give me a day or so and ill get em for ya..

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds good, no hurry, just curious

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whoa back from the dead...

Umm I had to take it off because of exhaust clearance.. Its going back on when it warms up though as well as some other goodies :P

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would someone mind explaining the performance difference between this link and a factory part? Not that its stiffer or adjustable but whats the point, I started autocrossing 2 years ago but I guess I havent searched enough to find something like this...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hope you put some lithium grease on the pivot joints, otherwise when they get dirty or something they're gonna squeak like a mofo

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would someone mind explaining the performance difference between this link and a factory part? Not that its stiffer or adjustable but whats the point, I started autocrossing 2 years ago but I guess I havent searched enough to find something like this...
I'm either asking too much or its too complicated...

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Found my own answer on a BMW forum... for anyone else in my shoes:

Allows for pre-load adjustment.
Doesn't have any rubber to deflect therefore you're using the full effectiveness of the bar
These allow a more linear swaybar response, as the stock links give before the swaybar has any input.
The spherical rod ends prevent the swaybar from binding, while still maintaining a rigid setup.
Teflon lining on rod ends ensures long life.
These should last longer than the OE links, as there is no rubber to fatigue - the rod ends are maintenance free and and have minimal wear