Body kit suggestions.

Keithsjr

5+ Year Member
I have a 92 dx hatchback, currently dont have side skirts and my bumper is pretty shitty so I decided to buy a new full body kit, just post up your suggestions.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As a personal preference, I would say none. It is just my opinion, but I would get a stock bumper and side skirts. Body kits are just a fad and died out a decade ago for the most part. They still seem to trickle around here and there, but they aren't too common. A good example would be (I hate to say this) the latest fast and furious movie. They try to squeeze as much money out of the movies that they can by staying with current trends and the new one didn't have body kits in it for the most part. The original came out at the height of the body kit craze and that was almost 10 years ago and was littered with body kits.

Like I said, this is my opinion. I would never put a body kit on mine. The most I would do would be a lip kit and that is pushing it for me.

CDubs

Registered VIP
As a personal preference, I would say none. It is just my opinion, but I would get a stock bumper and side skirts. Body kits are just a fad and died out a decade ago for the most part. They still seem to trickle around here and there, but they aren't too common. A good example would be (I hate to say this) the latest fast and furious movie. They try to squeeze as much money out of the movies that they can by staying with current trends and the new one didn't have body kits in it for the most part. The original came out at the height of the body kit craze and that was almost 10 years ago and was littered with body kits.

Like I said, this is my opinion. I would never put a body kit on mine. The most I would do would be a lip kit and that is pushing it for me.
IMO also, go get a stock bumper and skirts, or mugen replica skirts i think the look pretty good, and if you want some flare, get a front and rear lip, they are clean and simple and make it look that much better without those crazy ass body kits that look so damn ugly (to me they do some people still like them)

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Remember when the Black Widow body kit was the s**t back in the day?
If not, damn I feel old.

Most of these guys will give you s**t if you don't get a lip kit.
If you got the cash and really want a kit here is what I would get
JP USA Type-A Front Bumper and Sideskirts

With the JP USA Type-B Rear Add-Ons

I'd possibly go with the Type-B Sideskirts too.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
most people on here are going to be biased towards lip kits as body kits are generally known to be 'ricey'. However, C-West makes a kit that looks sick on the EK, not sure if they make anything for the EG. Look into it, i bet it'd be just as nice. Just my two cents...

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
get what you want, it's your car.

Mostly everybody here is going to tell you " just get a lip and call it a day"

xx2000CIVICxx

5+ Year Member
honda makes a body kit, i think the name is like OEM or something like that. idk. i would check into that.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
I'm not being mean or anything. I just thought it was ironic that the 2 guys in a row that said he should get OEM have identical cars except for paint and rims that are positioned almost exactly the same in their avatars. Lols. That's ironic.

I think this what the OP is trying to avoid:

Jason00

5+ Year Member
lmao Hell I didn't even notice that...

Well my car is in the works of it's first swap, I plan to paint and color match the entire car after I get the motor bolted and wired. I have a mugen front lip and SI rear lip thats going on too. IMO they just keep the car clean looking.

xx2000CIVICxx

5+ Year Member
I'm not being mean or anything. I just thought it was ironic that the 2 guys in a row that said he should get OEM have identical cars except for paint and rims that are positioned almost exactly the same in their avatars. Lols. That's ironic.

I think this what the OP is trying to avoid:
haha thats funny. in my defense, my car doesn't look like that anymore. im just too lazy to change my avatar.