boken window regulator/motor or electrical?? HELP

molokai_2008

I have a 1996 Honda civic lx, manual trans. My window motor on the drivers side door works sometimes but not all the time. sometimes it goes down, and when it does i gotta help it to go back up. other times it doesnt respond to me pushing the button at all. i tested the button and it works, i also bench tested the motor on the car battery and it works, im thinking it could be an electrical problem but i have no idea. any ideas???

My rear passenger side window also experiences the same problem but when it goes down it doesnt go up at all with either the main switches or the door switch. when it does decide to work it goes up smoothly. I took the door apart, tested the current going in/out of the switch and its there (the light tester) the motor works fine when i used the battery to test it and the regulator looks fine to me. What could this be???

Any ideas, anything will help...
Thanks

diemf50

i have the same problem on my driver side window... it goes down fine... but when it comes up its slow... and sometimes gets stuck half way so i have to pull it up... im thinking its my window motor but im having an electrical problem with my whole car as well...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6th gen's are notorious for having window problems. Either the window motor goes bad or glass falls off the track.

If you tested the motor and it's good, odds are, it's the tracks or the regulator.