Bolt spinning in place !!!! help

civicdrvr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trying to get camber kit installed but problems have occured problem one gets fix and now problem two arises.As in the picture below one of the two bolt that hold the control arm to the body is just spinning in place!!! what can i do now ???options!Please help!

P.s i can't get to the other side of where the bolt screws in(goes into the body of the car).

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my guesss is that is broken in the middle of the bolt....pull on the camber arm while undoing it so theres pressure on the bolt. if the head of the bolt just pops of, then your f**ked :lol:

goodluck

ekcivicdx

5+ Year Member
pretty much what he said, make sure u get pressure coming back oin the head of the bolt and try taking it out...

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would cut the bolt head off and tap them out.

you dont want to cut until its the last possible option. put the socket on and hit em with a hammer a couple times. do what the other kid said and pull the whole trailing arm when you loosen. if it is broken, see if you can get a vice grip on it. lube it up with wd 40 and pray it comes out. if it doesnt try map gas. if that doesnt work your f**ked and have to tap lol

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do what i said first, if you break it, ur foooooked lol

civicdrvr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i tryed putting pressure on the head of the bolt and it continues to do the same. I also tried map gas and that didn't work.It is almost like there is a nut on the other side that may have been welded to the body of the car that may have broke??? so tapping it out will work?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can't you get to the nuts or whatever is on the back of that? If not, sounds like your f**ked.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can't you get to the nuts or whatever is on the back of that? If not, sounds like your f**ked.
x2

you tap it out, make sure you dont strip the threads on the HOLE, otherwise, your gonna put that nice new bolt it and it wont have anything to thread too

civicdrvr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im bound to cause damage to the threads if i tap it out, no ? and yup not able to get behind the bolt.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if all else fails tap that b***h out, cut the factory nut off, rent a torch, and weld another sonbitch on. thats all i got man

i actualy just had a similair situation with me, the factory bolt on the lca came off, just, fell right off, didnt notice untill i just recently revampt my suspension

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im bound to cause damage to the threads if i tap it out, no ? and yup not able to get behind the bolt.
sometimes you can just kill the bolt with out killing the hole...othertimes, not so lucky