Boost d17a1

techlogic31

5+ Year Member
my bad, idk you can still get beat by stock cars, but they paid more and they aint rockin ULEV stickers or fillin up on 30 dollars

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tech, i wasnt really serious man. The moral of the story is i rather just build my car for show. I wouldnt like dumping 3 grand into your car and still have alot of stock cars beat you. When my civic goes, i wanna go for like a 350z or something then it will be gametime. Until then 40+ MPG :word:
just food for thought...a boosted d17A2 with moderate boost on stock internals can make mid to low 13 second passes and still get good gas milage on the street (if you stay out of boost) A stock 350Z run's in the low 14 second range, not to mention it's heavy as fook. That's what can make a civic so fun you can truely be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i think boost would be worth the loss in fuel economy

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah well you should for like friggen 2-3 grand. Although i have a d7a1, but snake says its better to have an a1 when boosting then a2, and ill take his word for it.

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its better to have an a1 when boosting then a2, and ill take his word for it
that may be true... but people have made some crazy power on the d17, both of them. i refer to exhibit A..
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-honda-civic-members-rides/292444-my-civics-thread-new-pics-3-9-valve-cover-done.html
and the thing to keep in mind with hondas is the power to weight ratio. yes raw power is nice and all, but like an abrams tank has something like a thousand horsepower. people are also taking the k20a2 and putting it in little kit car things and making a crotch rocket with four wheels. anyway, boost the thing, use a little bit bigger turbo so it doesnt reach full boost until a little later in the power band, and granny shift. then you get the ricer fly by, open it up.

D17Denver

JDM products
5+ Year Member
Vtech-E is on the HX so IDK where u heard that from and roller rockers are on K-Series to reduce friction with there motor and D17's have waste spark not coil on plug thats also K-series only. and as far as boosting its all about money and how much u got to spend. for the most power work on interals then boost safely for the performance and daily driving.

hondagriff

Banned
Well since you guys where on the subject earlier. I've been wondering for a long time what would happen to a cvt transmission under boost. I'm sure it would burn up like the auto, but would it be better or worse in comparison. I've wanted to do a manual swap but can't afford it right now.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Vtech-E is on the HX so IDK where u heard that from and roller rockers are on K-Series to reduce friction with there motor and D17's have waste spark not coil on plug thats also K-series only. and as far as boosting its all about money and how much u got to spend. for the most power work on interals then boost safely for the performance and daily driving.
vtec e is also on the ex d17a2