boost on b16

1999bluesi

When do u start reading boost on ur b16's. I don't read any really until about the time the vtec kicks in??

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you do a boost leak test? what turbo are you running?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
depends on the turbo and its trim

1999bluesi

Its a t3 t4 turbo I don't know the trim. Its running 6 pounds but my needle does not move till around 5 or 6000 on tach

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
picture will help. Maybe turbo is hella big!? 70AR? haha my precision 6265 60ar/63ar doesnt boost until 3.5+

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Also depends on how much gas you give it. I could cruise in 1st gear and slowly make my way up to redline and never hit boost. OR I could get on it quickly and for me (B18 with T3/T4 60 trim) it starts to spool around 3000 or so, maybe a little less.. but full boost by 4k-ish, and I'm only boosting 5.5psi right now. Just got a 10 lb spring for the wg though, so should be seeing a little bump in boost soon ;)

Sounds to me, and as long as you don't have a huge trim, that you may have a boost leak. I had one at first, it was my intercooler piping on the cold side, blew the clamp right off (wasn't tight, I guess). The pipes were still together, and I was able to hit about 2 lbs of boost at most lol. But that was it.

1999bluesi

How do I do a boost test. I can hear turbo spooling and when I hooked up manual boost controller it still didn't show boost till higher rpms. So it stays on 6 pounds. Also I never hear bov and it is set correctly. When I turned up boost I heard it

1999bluesi

I am going to be re doing a lot of it. I want it right. I just traded for the car and am trying to get it just right. It has b16 with aem fuel rail what looks to be a cheap fuel pressure regulator t3 t4 turbo ..... ebay ........ front mount intercooler bov and wastegate ..... has iridium plugs thermal exhaust has a p28 from adrenaline motorsports with a hondata s300 but needs tuned bad it runs riiiiccchhhhhhh all the time