boostin my D series

bbgyoungd

5+ Year Member
Hey everyone looking to boost my d15b7, and i was wondering how many lbs i could safely on a stock motor, and if i to get it tuned? Also whats a good turbo kit to go with? thanks

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I heard around 7PSI.
I dont know about boosting a 1.5. At least get a 1.6 before you do that.

Go on the D-Series forums, they are pro's ta that s**t. I already signed up I just need to start some reading on there.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i would imagine they are going to tell you to put a Y8 head on there, and then boost it.. atleast thats what i'd do..

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PSI is not important. Its what overall power your motor can hold from the factory. 10PSI on a GT42 is allot different the 10PSI on a GT25

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone looking to boost my d15b7, and i was wondering how many lbs i could safely on a stock motor, and if i to get it tuned? Also whats a good turbo kit to go with? thanks
it depends on what turbo you're using and the tune. ;)

95 EJ Coupe

You can boost the D15B7 with the only mods being the turbo, injectors, and so on. The basics for turbo. You don't need to build the motor or put on a D16Y8 head to achieve this. My cousin (EGHatch) just finished his turbo project on his stock D15B7. He is running 8 PSI and planning on 10-12 PSI. That's the limit for safe boost on a stock D15B7.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there cant be a limit of PSI, every turbo is different.

example. 10 psi on a t3 will be more power then 10 psi on a t25

95 EJ Coupe

I was talking about for a DSM turbo to safely run on D series. That's my bad for not mentioning that. But your entirely right, every turbo will be different.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was talking about for a DSM turbo to safely run on D series. That's my bad for not mentioning that. But your entirely right, every turbo will be different.
well, there's different size DSM turbos as well. :lol: but I'm using a DSM 14b myself and I've been boosting my stock d16z6 with it @ 8psi for about 4yrs now.

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
well, there's different size DSM turbos as well. :lol: but I'm using a DSM 14b myself and I've been boosting my stock d16z6 with it @ 8psi for about 4yrs now.
what kinda of power have you been getting?

what HP are u running with it right now and how does it feel?

im styll debating whether or not to boost my D16 (with a t3/t4 turbo probably) and then build the block n stuff for more boost later on, or just swap my engine first (2nd gen SiR) n boost it later.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kinda of power have you been getting?

what HP are u running with it right now and how does it feel?

im styll debating whether or not to boost my D16 (with a t3/t4 turbo probably) and then build the block n stuff for more boost later on, or just swap my engine first (2nd gen SiR) n boost it later.
to be honest, I left my dyno sheet at the dyno but it was something like 186hp. It pulls pretty hard but my suspension is stock so I have alot of wheel spin.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
176hp
14.671 1/4 mile
yeah, 186hp to the crank and like 176hp to the wheels. 14.6 was my best time in the 1/4mi but I was spinning 1st, 2nd and 3rd. :oops: I've beaten 13sec cars from a roll but that's from a roll tho. You can't do a rolling start at the track. :lol:

dyno tuned with a apexi safc2 hack. :shock:

banner

^ Canyon Carver ^
5+ Year Member
I have a turbo kit for sale that I was going to use on my d15b, look at my for sale thread. My buddy had the same setup with eagle rods and a ebay t3 turbo and made 250ish whp. I only have a t25 turbo and i have vitara pistons but no rods. D series are good motors to boost. Just get a good tune!