Boosting 00 Si. Need advice

AG89HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone. Im trying to figure out what I need to do to boost the b16 in my car. I bought a turbo kit off ebay in December for a d series car, but i sold the car and got the em1. Kit came with a t3/t04e turbo, wastegate, blowoff valve, manifold, downpipe and piping. I know i cant use the manifold and down pipe. but the other parts should work. I also have some prelude 345 cc injectors and an Apexi Afc controller. I would like to use these parts and try to boost 8psi for daily driving. What do you guys recomend I do.

Almighty-Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sell the manifold buy a B series manifold. The downpipe should fit with a little modification and you will need some larger injectors (440's minimum I would say). Don't run the AFC hack either. Just sell it and get yourself a P28 conversion harness chip burner, wideband and download crome. You will make the most power and it will be the safest for your motor.

AG89HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the help. I see everyone tells me not to run the Afc hack. Is it that bad even with a
small amount of boost.

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes its that bad. there is no ability to tune ignition timing with an afc, so you are only tuning half the ecu. more often than not its cheaper to run a chipped obd1 ecu anyway. you are definately going to need to get larger injectors too.