boosting a d

tstchatch

5+ Year Member
ok guys, i have a spare d16z6 block im goin to start building in april.i wanna know what type of head work you guys think i should do? cam, vavles/spring, retainers, etc. but what type of valve job?. my friend gave me his vitara pistons since he just swaped with apr rod bolts, nrp rings (i think) and a polished crank. will i be able to run 15psi with all of the above on stock rods, sleeves, and hondata 100b? with out blowing s**t up?

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the bottom end should hold you for about 5 months....my guess....thats getting on it frequently and numerous track days....just treat her well ...normal maint....i don't see why not...what is the compression gonna be?

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why not get a set of eagle rods theyre cheap enough and would make for a solid block.

as far as head work i would get some spring/retainers and a zex cam. with a proper turbo setup and ems, that would be good for 350whp reliably

tstchatch

5+ Year Member
8.5:1 comp. i know eagle rods are good, but what are the TT rods people talk about on here? worth any invesment? and how much...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
about the same as eagles. except there new rods, you dont have to modify the block like you would with eagles.

email them @
tunertoys.com

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Green 91 said:
about the same as eagles. except there new rods, you dont have to modify the block like you would with eagles.

email them @
tunertoys.com
wha wha wha.. what!?!?!? i guess i need to sell my "old" ones for this new style..... make for a hell of an easier build

tstchatch

5+ Year Member
i appreciate all the help...what size head gasket should i get and where can i get the crome software?

Boost is Best

5+ Year Member
wait, you have to modify the block with eagle rods??? how? and what are the TT rods? now i'm interested for my build.

by the way, don't expect 15 PSI on stock rods. i mean, windows are nice, but not in the side of the engine block

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Boost is Best said:
by the way, don't expect 15 PSI on stock rods
why? i ran 15 on my stock block and nothing bad happened.

oh thats right, because psi doesnt mean anything...

Duck

5+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
why? i ran 15 on my stock block and nothing bad happened.

oh thats right, because psi doesnt mean anything...
:thumbup:
it's all in the tune.

Boost is Best

5+ Year Member
meh, good point, but what size turbo?if it was a really nice teeny one, then yeah. and yeah, a lot of it is in the tune of it, you are right.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i think only a t25 could do 15psi on a stock block.....its just my opinon but other than that over 12 psi would scare me about it throwin a rod or such....my t3 42/48 could prolly do around 12 psi on a stock d just fine..but thats pushin it. it all depends on the tune though!......and what hp numbers you are throwing....yes yes i know its all about hp and not about psi lol......

ive seen stock d's handling around 240 b4 blowing...anything over 250 and you better be careful....ive seen 300 on a stock dohc zc at 16psi but it was a very good tune...but yea ive seen jeff evans 400+ on stock motors.......i honestly wouldnt go over 230....thats my limit...

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
i think only a t25 could do 15psi on a stock block.....its just my opinon but other than that over 12 psi would scare me about it throwin a rod or such....
i was doing it on a .42/.48 t3

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
i honestly wouldnt go over 230....thats my limit...

thats what you say now... Boost is addictive.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol green^^^ im hoping i just want to run @ 10 psi and stay at that until i rebuild my motor.....plus i only want to tune it once...

did your motor blow @ 15 psi ryan? or is it still running today? i know your running 12 now but why not 15 then?

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
did your motor blow @ 15 psi ryan? or is it still running today? i know your running 12 now but why not 15 then?
hell no, i never blew up s**t. i ran it @ 12psi DD for a long time, occasionally cranking it up to 15 for shits and giggles.

everyone needs to get over their fear of psi, it really doesnt mean a damn thing...

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
hell no, i never blew up s**t. i ran it @ 12psi DD for a long time, occasionally cranking it up to 15 for shits and giggles.

everyone needs to get over their fear of psi, it really doesnt mean a damn thing...
hehe psi pussys

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
hmm this thread is helpful, ive been at 5 scared to go much higher on my .42/.48 T3, once i get her tuned 12psi it is! lolllll