boosting my b16a opinions advice

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
ok guys ive got an 89 sedan as most of you know

but im going to swap in my b16a with web stage 1 cams, act prolight flywheel, edelbrock victor x intake manifoldm, edelbrock 65mm throttle body, act street disc clutch, adjustable fpr

im going to use a dsm 16g turbo
and ebay dsm flange turbo mani
walboro 255 fuel pump
dsm 450 injectors
2.5" exhaust
stock dsm bov for now
stock srt4 intercooler
a blox fmu

tell me what yall think im doing this cheap as my little reasearch project to decide if i like boost if i do decide that i like boost then im going to do an all out ls vtec build next season

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
anyone

im looking for opinions

im looking to make 275 to 300 hp off of this

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ditch the FMU, get a chipped ECU and someone to tune it. Chrome is popular and very inexpensive.

And I don't know for sure, but 300 may be pushing it with that turbo. I've got an 18G and am only expecting to make around 280 or so. But who knows...

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
well ive decided to just boost my d15 until it goes BOOM because its almost dead anyway lol

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
just do it but you at the very least need an fmu and a missing link and a better fuel pump and injectors

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You need to get some arp headstuds and probably new rods if you want to get into high 200s or even 300whp. It's a fairly small turbo I wouldn't shoot that high with it anyways.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if you use an FMU then your an idiot and you will be made fun....

get a chipped ecu and get someone to tune it....do it the right way the first time....

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+1

Adjustable FPR and a 255lh fuel pump depending on your realistic goals and youll be fine.. crome is reliable program and many have had alot of success with it. If it sucked, no one would use/recommend it.

jhar_EK

word
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
need to lower the compression on the b16 while you're at it if you want to get into the high 200s to 300 whp

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nah ive seen many b16s make around 300whp with stock pistons/compression....

if you plan to make 400+ hp then yes you should lower the compression to 9:1

younggun16

Registered b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't get an ebay turbo manifold. thats the one part you should spend the extra money on

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
16g is kinda small for that much power. look into an td05h 18g or a t3 hybrid