Boosting my Civic Need Help??

Ussoldier811

Ok so i will be boosting my civic next month when i get my taxes back, I have a B18b1, im going with a t3/t4 turbonetics kit, and im only wanting to run 10psi max(unless i can run more safely without any major mods) is there anyting else necessary that i will need to make the car run smoothly when the turbo is put on? i was told i would need bigger injectors, better fuel pump, and a fuel pressure regulator. Is this true? and will i need anything else?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes.. you need injectors, fuel pump, an engine management system, and a tune.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Walbro, Precision, Hondata/Chrome.

BLU CIVIC

I ❤ VIR
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm using a walbro 255lph fuel pump, Chrysler 550cc injectors and tuned on NepTune. if you only want 10psi, i'd suggest running off your wastegate instead of a boost controller. I'm using a Tial 10.1 wasgate spring for my set-up. And no, you don't need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.

Ussoldier811

How much boost could i run safely without any major upgrades, say 15-20psi? what would the required?, i just figures that 10psi would be the highest i could go with stock internals

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'm using a walbro 255lph fuel pump, Chrysler 550cc injectors and tuned on NepTune. if you only want 10psi, i'd suggest running off your wastegate instead of a boost controller. I'm using a Tial 10.1 wasgate spring for my set-up. And no, you don't need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.
x2, for the most part. I have walbro 255lph fuel pump, 725 injector dynamics injectors, and a Tial wastegate with a 10.1 spring. Also tuned on NepTune ;)

How much boost could i run safely without any major upgrades, say 15-20psi? what would the required?, i just figures that 10psi would be the highest i could go with stock internals
Pretty much, yes. I mean you CAN go higher, but I would not recommend it. For 15-20psi, you'd definitely want to consider upgrading the rods, pistons, getting some ARP head studs, etc etc. Research is key on something as important as this. Set a hp goal and budget, and go from there. With 15-20 psi on a t3/t4.. that is a LOT of power, depending on how good of a tune, etc.