boosting my d16y7

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
That head gaskets seems to be legit.
That's what I was thinking it seemed cheap two the dealership would prob be more. So dose anyone have any comments of that ecu off that site if it would work.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just browsing has anyone ever used or heard of anything about this site they clam to use maps that have been ran on a dyno already but is it true? was looking at buying one to run for a couple months until i saved up some more cash then got a true tune.

You fooled me, I thought you were serious about this turbo set up.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Ha ha well I have seen people buy ECUs like this before and all I wanted to no is if it was worth it?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ha ha well I have seen people buy ECUs like this before and all I wanted to no is if it was worth it?
And those are the exact people wondering why they blew their piston rings or why the car runs like ass.

A turbo install is horse shet with out the tune. If you dont want to tune, swap in a B16 and have a good day. Im done here, good luck with your "install" OP.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
I talked to slowmotion motor sports today and they said 700 for everything and I was thinking wow that's for hondata s100 theyand chip a p06motor ecu thatthe i buyI and a tune if you ask me that's not a good deal if I want hondata s300 it will cost me over a grand I also emailed ips motorsports waiting for there reply. I hope there's is cheaper I mean realistly I can swap in in a b series for cheaper. I just can't belive its so much I was thinking they would cut me a deal since I want to get everything from them but nope they want to rape me. I could not tune it and blow my motor four times before I spent what they are asking lol.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why not just use a chipped P06 running Crome? Thats why I used with my turbo set up and I had no issues at all.

Youre doing a beginners set up, just use Crome lol.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not just use a chipped P06 running Crome? Thats why I used with my turbo set up and I had no issues at all.

Youre doing a beginners set up, just use Crome lol.
/thread

It's worth every penny. On 4 years @ 15 lbs from an HX35. The tune is key here. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
would do but no one around here tunes chrome so if i did it would be a street tune and everyone is knocking that i no im not going to have any special setup just plane and simple also what would i need to buy to chip my ecu and tune it with chrome. but next time i get on here it will be to update with more parts on ot right no so will be buying soon.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when you get chrome you have a GUI that interacts with the ECU chip...

http://www.zerolift.com/services/tuning-services

in Ohio and they do tuning for what it looks like any type of fuel/timing management.

Build the car, run open cold side on the turbo (to not build applicable boost) and drive to the tuner, running rich and all....

I drove all the way to Evans tuning in PA ~ 70 miles that way... you could always do this(see link) and get a remote tune, it will never be perfect, but it will be pretty good.

http://www.evans-tuning.com/tuning/etune/how-it-works/

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
would do but no one around here tunes chrome so if i did it would be a street tune and everyone is knocking that i no im not going to have any special setup just plane and simple also what would i need to buy to chip my ecu and tune it with chrome. but next time i get on here it will be to update with more parts on ot right no so will be buying soon.
I would hate to be in your shoes. In CA I had about 5-6 shops ready to tune with Crome, here in San Antonio theres probably 2-3.

$700 is too much to tune your beginners set up. If there is really nothing around then by all means do it, $700 is cheaper than a blown engine. Whats the nearest place around you that can tune Crome?

A lot of people will knock Crome, but theyre the ones with professional builds making 400+whp. Crome is perfect for a simple set up like yours.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Will he not tune neptune either? My tuner only charges 100+250 for install and tune.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
I would hate to be in your shoes. In CA I had about 5-6 shops ready to tune with Crome, here in San Antonio theres probably 2-3.

$700 is too much to tune your beginners set up. If there is really nothing around then by all means do it, $700 is cheaper than a blown engine. Whats the nearest place around you that can tune Crome?

A lot of people will knock Crome, but theyre the ones with professional builds making 400+whp. Crome is perfect for a simple set up like yours.
Will he not tune neptune either? My tuner only charges 100+250 for install and tune.

here is what they tune and prices add 50 for awd. also add the 265 they want for chipping my ecu with hondata s100. and pick n pull sells y8s all day for 209.

Hondata S100/S200------------------$475
Hondata S300------------------------$425
Kpro---------------------------------$525
Flashpro-----------------------------$500
AEM Tuner/Pro EMS------------------$550*
AEM FIC-----------------------------$500
Hydra EMS---------------------------$550*
ECU Flash---------------------------$425*
DSMLink-----------------------------$425*
Power FC ----------------------------$475*
UPRev-------------------------------$550
MicroTech---------------------------$450
FAST--------------------------------$550
Accel DFI ----------------------------$475

NOW FOR THE UPDATE

dsm 450cc injectors dude said they where laser honed to 500cc
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

all pigtails and restorer box already wired to a harness for a ek but it was a si
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

boostedjd

Or a cheap way to bypass gettin ur ecu tuned is a manual tune using rising rate fuel pressure regulator that replaces ur normal regulator and gives u more fuel fo4 every pound of boost it senses, and u would need a missing link so ur ecu won't sense boost pressure..about 300ish for everything...if u have money def should tune ur ecu but that's a cheapway of doing it if u have a tight budget like me

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or a cheap way to bypass gettin ur ecu tuned is a manual tune using rising rate fuel pressure regulator that replaces ur normal regulator and gives u more fuel fo4 every pound of boost it senses, and u would need a missing link so ur ecu won't sense boost pressure..about 300ish for everything...if u have money def should tune ur ecu but that's a cheapway of doing it if u have a tight budget like me
Please ignore this post.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just thought I'd pop in here and comment. No offense to anyone, but this is a bad, BAD idea. Cutting corners on a tune is the dumbest idea ever. You're going to blow your s**t up man. Save up, don't put anything on the car yet, and tune RIGHT. I'd go Hondata, since a Chrome tune is out of the picture. It's expensive, but it's a great product.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Now for the biggest update selling the turbo kit i bout a 95 cbr 600 f3 for 600 bucks. Needs some work but ill geg it done looking for a cbr themread sililar setuo up as this everyone i find i dont likebanyone have any sugestions. But i was just letting evefyone no why one of my hondas will still be slow for the time being lol.