bought a cheap civic.. what plans should i do?

Bango_Vang01

5+ Year Member
Hi!

Well I havent bought a civic yet but plan to.

here are my options(and im also on a budget)

I got $5,500 + $3000(the $3000 is if i sell my integra and if my parents would let me keep the $$$ since they bought the car for me in highschool.

so my plans are and choice are....

buy a regular ex for under $1500 (one that's running good and still looks great with minor rust, dents, scratches, etc...) + either GSR Swap or a better D-series motor/tranny with lower mileage, Rear Brake Disk Conversion, BLK interior(SEM), Recaros, Drop, Wheels, CTR/RSX/EP3/S2K steering wheel.

buy a regular ex for around $5,500 with low mileage and rear disk conversion, recaro, BLK interior, drop, wheels, mugen fake valve cover, header, itr exhausts, and idk mostly stock with a nice look

or

buy a 99-00 SI with low mileage (owner may ask more then $6k), recaro, drop, wheels, BLK interior, ITR header to muffler.

or.... 99-00 si (owner may ask for obo $4k) and GSR swap

heres the thing. I want a civic that looks nice and a DD look. I dont want super high performance ricer fat-can car that people would want to steal or pull a ricer move on the highway and want to race, i just want looks and rear disk. haha + I also want to save money. I dont plan to change the exterior(maybe just a CTR grill and 99 conversion if its 96version). I know how to swap motors and trannys so it wont be my first time. it will be my first time with the rear d**k but i have people who can teach me.

im looking to spend atleast $4,500.00

double cam maybe great but its just a car

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Imo cop a regular EX and go have a ball with it, as a lil project, if u find one for that price in god mechanical order with minor body blemishes, ur good money. doesn't take allot to make a clone si minus the motor. which isint a bad thing if all u want it a DD, plus thieves wont hawk u as much, but remember u have a civic they WILL hawk u.

r34civic

5+ Year Member
yeh, i agree with him^^ i did a show car, but if you do get a regular ex, youll have plenty of cash to play with...or that 99-00 si with gsr swap sounds good, we would have to see pics tho, we've probably all baught our share of lemon civics haha...but welcome to the civic life, its fun, exciting, and at some times, completely sucks lol, but owning a civic is a must if you want to live your one life to the fullest...why buy a bmw or porche for 80k, when you can buy a 2000 civic si for 4k, spend about 70k on it, have it looking not only pretty sweet, but be able to beat any bmw or porche around...and then with the other 6k, and buy a beater civic...

Bango_Vang01

5+ Year Member
whats a good jdm/usdm d-series motor? im assuming 99-00 ex motor is the best single cam? i want torque more

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well first I would check whatever you end up buying top to bottom. You don't really want to pick up somebody else's project. If you can get a virgin civic go with that. And if you already have plans to do an engine swap just make sure your foundation ( chasis, interior, and necessities) is a suitable car for a build or slight modification. Now the motor question can only be answered by your budget. A d series motor that would be suitable is a D16y8, D16z6, or a JDM D16a. All SOHC 1.6L Vtec engines. Parts for these engines are somewhat cheap and easily available. If your looking to build one of these engines you can easily get 160-170hp NA with a bottom end change (rods and pistons) a decent cam and a good tune. With these mods to the engine you can get semi decent power and reliability as a daily driver all for about $1500 +\- $100. You just definately wanna start with a clean car. Do yourself a favor and research ahead of time to see what you would be able to afford and what you want the car to be