bought a new header. will it fit my y7?

B-$chizzle

5+ Year Member
i bought a 4-2-1 megan racing header.
ive seen a post like this and i still have questions.
what exactly do i need to buy to get this think to fit my y7?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you buy one designed for your car?

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
should fit if its for the d series. i have a megan header on my car now. but since your taking off the manifold you need to buy a new cat since its attached to the manifold for the y7. you can also buy a new catback or just keep the piping you have already if you don't have the money. and your also gonna want to get an extension for the 02 sensor if you don't wanna throw a CEL because its probably not gonna be able to reach the cat.

B-$chizzle

5+ Year Member
yeah i kinda blew all the money i had on my girlfriend.
>:[
btw it is for the D-series.
but yeah i would just go ahead and put it on but i heard it would make my engine run rich and would throw a CEL.

oh yeah and my friend has an megan racing cat for his y8 that he said he could give me.
would that fit on my exhaust?

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
yeah well the cat will probably be a bigger size then the stock piping you have on your have car so you would probably be better off getting a new catback if you wanna use that cat.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, a y8 cat WILL NOT FIT with a y7 exhaust. You will have nowhere to put the cat. To use the cat, you need a y8 exhaust, b/c the mid pipe is shorter to make up for the cat. So, either get a y8 exhaust, or you dont use the cat.

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
its not the y8 cat he wants to use its a megan racing cat but yeah you are gonna need a new catback to use that.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not the y8 cat he wants to use its a megan racing cat but yeah you are gonna need a new catback to use that.
Really?

yeah i kinda blew all the money i had on my girlfriend.
>:[
btw it is for the D-series.
but yeah i would just go ahead and put it on but i heard it would make my engine run rich and would throw a CEL.

oh yeah and my friend has an megan racing cat for his y8 that he said he could give me.
would that fit on my exhaust?
Seems to me its for a y8....?

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, a y8 cat WILL NOT FIT with a y7 exhaust. You will have nowhere to put the cat. To use the cat, you need a y8 exhaust, b/c the mid pipe is shorter to make up for the cat. So, either get a y8 exhaust, or you dont use the cat.
:word:

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
i think he is saying that his friend was using the megan racing cat on his y8 but would give it to him. but im not sure until he answers back.

B-$chizzle

5+ Year Member
yeah i have a y7.
my friend had the megan racing y8 cat that he can give me.
if i take it to an exhaust place could they make it fit too my y7?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, a shop can make anything work. Its just a matter of how much $ you want to spend.

B-$chizzle

5+ Year Member
alright cool.
i guess ill just save up a little, and get the exhaust place to make the megan racing y8 cat to fit my y7

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and don't blow all your money on girlfriends, if they love/like you, they will understand ;)

-CC's love doctor

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wont the megan header fit the y7 exhaust?.. and there just wont be a cat? if he wants the cat he needs a y8 exhaust to match. am i right or am i not?

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your catalytic converter is to meet federal emissions standards. It will run just fine w/o a cat; it'll just dump more pollution into the air. Also, if your state has emissions testing, then you may want to keep your cat.

B-$chizzle

5+ Year Member
so it wont make my engine run rich?
i even heard it would make it smell bad?
lol.
sorry i keep asking so many questions.
=/

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You guys are making s**t so complicated lol....

I got a quick solution... Have your girlfriend spend money on YOU!!!