bought some new bulbs, but...

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got some nokya yellow 2500k H3 bulbs for my projector fogs, but it says on them 70w and recommends a special harness. Would these be safe to use in projector that is 55w stock? I also just have the stock harness for them. hmm and the wires were pretty thin installing em.

hellecol

5+ Year Member
i would say not safe to use, especially in projectors. 15w difference can create alot of heat that might cause you lots of problems later. the harness bit might not matter though.

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know people run 100 watt H3's in factory fogs, which are supposed to use a 55 watt bulb, no problem.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if anyone cares, they actually said 55w on the bulb so it was a trick wattage or something. Anyway i tried em and the H3 nokya is not even that yellow. I dont recommend it. The H4 nokya I had before was pure yellow like lexus fogs.

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sidewayzinCA said:
i know people run 100 watt H3's in factory fogs, which are supposed to use a 55 watt bulb, no problem.
you would have to be a moron to keep doing tht
the heat generated can melt tthe projector esp since its plastic not glass.. also the main thing is the wirig harness themself can melt and or catch on fire...

alot of them say 55W 100W
which is basicly them saying itsjust as bright... but imo i would never run 100W in my projectors, herd and saw too many things to even test it... not worth it

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok well i think purdinaSi did it, so i guess hes dumb then, but his lights still work fine.

92civic

Spunky
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it should just work fine in stock housing... projectors not sure, but i heard honda oem harness are durable enought to take em

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
worse comes to worse, you'll be stuck replacing burnt wire.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats alot harder than you might think. and dont forget about the switches it melted in the process.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gearbox said:
thats alot harder than you might think. and dont forget about the switches it melted in the process.
Well... if that happens, put the stock bulbs back in and take it to honda, and be like, look what you did f**kers! :lol: