bov not sounding right?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so we bought a boosted integra for my brother and when we pushed it we noticed the blow off valve didnt sound like we'd expect it..we went on youtube and searched the sound of the greddy type rs and ours sounds alot different then theres..the car is tuned at 1.2 bar..people say to get a better sound the boost needs to be high but with my greddy type s at 9 pounds it sounds way louder than his..what could b the problem..all vacuum lines are perfect

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the setting. a softer, quiter setting is safer but can sometimes not hold boost while a harder, louder, crisper setting could cause compressor surge.

is it a knock off? if so make sure there is only one spring in it.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a real greddy type rs..so how do i adjust the soft-hardness..just turn the nut down or up or do i need to open it up also and then adjust the nut

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The BOV has a key on it, turn it left to loosen, right to tighten (or the other way around, it says it right on the top)...try tightening it up.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
The BOV has a key on it, turn it left to loosen, right to tighten (or the other way around, it says it right on the top)...try tightening it up.
x2

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the setting is on hard..and the only difference i notice is that it whistles less than how it would when its on soft...the nipple is screwable, would that make a difference?

budget_crx

Honest Officer,That Fast?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it was whistleing when the BOV was set at soft? then it sounds like you were leaking air since your boost level was so high. Are you getting any compressor surge? also, where is the vaccuum source for it coming from? I have seen a few people have problems with thier BOV since they didn't have a direct line of vaccuum, which many companies recomend for thier BOV.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres no compressor surge..the vacuum line is coming off the fpr..when i used the bov in my car ( i have my vacuum for the bov on the brake booster thing) it sounded the same way..yes hard and it whistes and on soft it whistles..

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the real one..it says greddy on teh side

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh i just traded it for a type s..easier than trying to figure wuts up with it

fsteclipsegst

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
5+ Year Member
dont always go for sound.... u will end up surging ur engine like i did. i had my greddy type S and i was boosting about 18PSI and had the screw in all the way on the BOV..... that lasted about 2 days.