Brady's 97 LX Sedan ; Slow Build

Brady

Hey guys,

This is my 97 1.6L LX, 220k Sedan, it was involved in a fender bender around 4 years ago and has sat in an underground garage since. (From what i've been told.)

All the damaged parts have been replaced except both the driver and passenger airbags, i received the car as a gift not too long ago and have plans to make it my daily commuter as well as a light track car.

I'm mainly interested in suspension and handling upgrades and tuning and just learning about the car while i save to buy something with a nicer engine, Then i'll proceed to fiddle with gaining more power =)

So far i've changed the engine oil and filter, as well as flushing the gas tank along with a new fuel filter.
The car has the wrong size battery and the fuel gauge is stuck, I also see a Power steering delete in the near future.

I'm very open to advice and guidance. This will be my first tuner/project
Thanks guys!

CO671

Registered VIP
Interior looks pretty rough but the exterior looks fine!
Whats your budget? If you want a suspension upgrades what do you have in mind.

Brady

Yeah the headlining is also a little saggy and the ebrake slightly loose :/ . Needa give her a good cleaning!
As of now i'm liking the Progress CS-II's , but i'm wondering if i should also be looking into upgrading all the necessary linkage to go along with it?
Should i be looking at sway bars, Lca's the works?

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
She looks like a bit of a fixer upper. But that just means more of a challenge lol. The exterior looks good overall, minus the minor rust.

I've heard good stuff about Progess CS2s. I would have gotten a set, but at the time, they did not offer the spring rates I wanted (they now do), plus Koni Yellows were on sale, so I went with those paired with Ground Control coilover sleeves.

If you decide on the CS2s, check out this link on H-T.....they are currently on sale:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2692801

Good luck with the build, and keep us updated!

CO671

Registered VIP
Progress CSII's & Koni/GC are two of the great mid-priced but quality suspension setups recommended.

For a rear sway bar there are the ASR 22mm and Progress 22mm that I know of.

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
I have koni yellows with GC sleeves. If you have the money, I definatley recommend them. As for the rear sway bar, ASR is popular choice. I also have one and I couldnt be happier

Sent from my phone

Brady

I love the Asr bars, i'm definately looking into one of those.

For now here are some dirty morning shots!

I'm also looking into a steering wheel swap, No airbag. along with the passenger airbag delete.
Any suggestions?