Brake light trouble help

93coupeAK

ok i have a 1993 civic coupe the previous owner cut the orginal connector and wired the brake lights straight from the brake switch to the tailights i decided to try and fix the problem and wire it back up the way it suppose too. When i put the connecter back on and hooked up the wires to its orginal wire on the connector and hooked it back to the brake switch it poped the fuse. So i thought it might be a bad brake switch so i got new one hooked it up and now the horn keeps going off. the colors on the connector are black, white/green, blue/red, and blue/green. now in the chilton repair manual, the wire diagram shows 2 wires white/green and green/white. so why does my brake switvh have 4 wires i just dont know what the other wires are and still cant get my brake lights to work if anyone could help with some inforamtion on what the other wires are for and any suggetions on how to get my brake lights to work again. oh and i did buy new bulbs.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
immediately popping a fuse ill bet it is shorting to ground somewhere

93coupeAK

ok cant find the short i might have to take this to a shop to see if they can fix it cause i cant anyone know a good shop thats good in electical stuff in fairbanks, alaska

Zedicous

Electrical problems can be quite expensive, fyi.

93coupeAK

yeah i had a feeling it would be but i could either get it fixed or just start with aother car. what do you guys think?