Brake master cylinder problem... PLEASE HELP!!!

autocrosser09

5+ Year Member
I have a 2000 civic EX with 212,000 miles. Brakes were done at 200,000 (calipers, pads, rotors, drums, and shoes) my brake pedal started randomly falling to the floor. The tires lock up right where the pedal hits the floor unless i pump the pedal fast. I figured it was the master cylinder so i repleced it with a remanufactured one. I bench bled it and flushed the system. Well same thing happened so i replaced it with a new master cylinder. Bench bled it and flushed the system. Well the same thing is happening. I guessed that the remanufactured cylinder was defective. I'm thinking the new one is as well, but Before i replace the new one with another new one i was wondering if any of you had any other ideas. I'm completely stumped. Please help.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brake booster...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Vinelandjeff

Does your car have ABS?? If so, your pedal is going to the floor because of fluid bypassing inside of the abs brake controller, not your new master cylinder. I suggest finding a replacement abs unit and installing it. Additionally you should look up the proper bleeding procedure for the abs unit to ensure that the brakes function properly.