Brake Problem...

Si_Hatchy

5+ Year Member
whats going on ppl?! ok so i replaced the brake parts on my 89 si. calipers, pads, rotors, shoes, drums and after i bled them. the problem is that when i took it for a drive the brakes stop but the brake pedal slowly depresses all the way down. i have no idea why. please help

RonJ

Banned
More than likely, there is still some air in the hydraulic system. Bleed the system again in the proper wheel order.

Si_Hatchy

5+ Year Member
ok so i bled them in the proper order and it still depresses. I took it to a neighborhood mechanic and he suggested the brake master cylinder. could that possibly be it?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Yeah, check the master cylinder. Take the vacuum hose off the brake booster and check for brake fluid in the booster. Also, check the floor up and behind the brake pedal for brake fluid.

HondaCRX881

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok scope this out, i am having a similar issue on my 91 crx si, i replaced all calipers, bled the brakes according to service manual, pedal sunk to the floor. it was fine before i replaced anything. but then again the caliper pistons were seized from sitting for too long and im pretty sure there was moisture in the lines. anywho, bought a new master cylinder hooked it all up, bled the brakes goes to the floor. pressure builds when the car is off but as soon as i turn it on the pedal sinks to the floor. the check valve is good and the only thing i can think of is the brake booster but not sure what other people think or know. any help?