brake question

98hatchNYC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i did the rear disc conver. on my ek everything work fine. when braking on car it feels like i have to put my foot to the floor. i read other threads and prople say to change the prop valve and everything should work fine. but how do you know which prop valve is the 40/40 prop valve??

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't need to change your proportioning valve. You need to get a larger master cylinder. The rear calipers use more brake fluid than the drum brake wheel cylinders. A larger master cylinder will pump more brake fluid to them.

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you do need to change the prop valve and the MC and the size is stamped in the steel

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you do need to change the prop valve and the MC and the size is stamped in the steel
he does not need to change the proportion valve, the si and dx civic have the same proportion valve except the ex.

i have rear si disk brake with stock dx mc and it work just fine.
you might need to bleed your brake.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would only be true if he had a 92-95 Civic, as they have 30/30 valves. The 96-00 DX/CX and Si all share the same proportioning valve. The Si has a 7/8" MC however, whereas the DX/DC/EX have a 13/16".

98hatchNYC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bleed the brakes twice, after we done that it felt better but know it feels like i have to put my foot on the floor to stop.... thats where im confused cause half the people tell me to change the prop valve and everything wil be fixed. then others tell you dont need to change it but change the MC and brake booster.

do you think if i put the SI master cylinder and brake booster in my car it would fits the problem?