brake question?

Hazy3gs

5+ Year Member
my brakes are about shot so im looking to buy new brake pads. i was wondering what i really need. right now everything is stock on the braking system. i want to upgrade my pads but not sure which would be best for me. im looking at the Ebc ultimax brake pads, Ebc green stuff brake pads, and the Hawk HPS pads. i kno someone with the ultimax pads and they like them but im a little more of a spirited driver then they are so i was wondering if i should get the green stuff or hawk pads instead. when my rotors need replacing ill be going with the brembo blanks. thanks for the help

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
are you going to be autoxing your car or just a dd?.

Hazy3gs

5+ Year Member
It's just a dd that will have a ls swap soon. I have disc brakes all the way around

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's just a dd that will have a ls swap soon. I have disc brakes all the way around

honestly if its a DD brembo kinda $$$ i think you should get the Hawks with slotted front and blank rear.
and braided or teflon lines.

along with this weather you do the lines or not do a full fluid chage

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
honestly if its a DD brembo kinda $$$ i think you should get the Hawks with slotted front and blank rear.
and braided or teflon lines.

along with this weather you do the lines or not do a full fluid chage
perfect ^^ ;)

91civicfreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Brembros at all 4 corners? that will stop you well, but thats a lot of money that isnt exactly needed to be used in the braking department. save it and use it somewhere else

Hazy3gs

5+ Year Member
The brembo rotors are going to run me 50 for rears and 80 for the front. The pads are the only thing I can't decide on. I'm willing to spend the money to make sure I stop. Wrecked my first car bc the brakes sucked.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The brembo rotors are going to run me 50 for rears and 80 for the front. The pads are the only thing I can't decide on. I'm willing to spend the money to make sure I stop. Wrecked my first car bc the brakes sucked.

I hear ya i have almost lost a few cause of sketchy brakes.

then how about this.

Brembo Slotted Front / Brembo Blank Rear
Russel (or) Goodridge Braided lines [they are low cost and good quality]
Hawk HPS pads FR/RR
and full fluid flush and change.

do something along the lines of that and a asure you that brakes fade will take a stupid amount of stops to happen. along with great pedel feel.

one warning though. dont slam then on the first time you drive the car you might wack your face on the steering wheel:cool:

hope this helped, post some pick with what you do to it.

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slotted on a DD? I think thatd be overkill and he'd be going through brake pads quicker than normal.

Brembo blanks/Hawk has my vote. Thing to note though, when u get the pads they tell you to burn them in to mate the surfaces... On my first install I did it to the "T" and ended up with gouged rotors and molten chunks of metal in my brake pads. Since then I just take it easy for the first few weeks and mate them slowly. But its up to you what you do.