Brake rotor opinions ...

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sup everybody, i have been looking for months at brake rotors (and everything else i don't have money for) and have come across drt sport rotors. they are made by centric which makes powerslot and some other brand and they have economy and premium rotors, the only different is that the premium rotors are coated or something. Every search i do seems to support that they are decent at least and most people are really happy with them mostly because of the price ($150 for f/r rotors compared to almost $200 for brembro factory blanks drilled for just fronts).

Anybody have them, know somebody with them, just trying to get as much info before buying. Thanks peace

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't need slotted or drilled. Blanks are fine.

Hell I bought advanced auto parts rotors. They're fine.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go brembo blanks with hawk pads. i've had this combo and man do they bite!!! no need for fancy rotors

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
go brembo blanks with hawk pads. i've had this combo and man do they bite!!! no need for fancy rotors
:word:

the pads will make the biggest difference. im using hawk hps too with powerslot 12" rotor kit.. very happy cuz no more brake fade :thumbs up

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dang mugen, thats sick /|\

on my new set up i got 10" brembo slotted, with oem pads. hopefully i can throw them on this weekend.

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hawk pads, Powerstop slotted rotors and techna-fit lines are what I am running and it is a drastic improvment over stock.Not sure if the rotors made the difference or if it was more on the pads and lines, but everything new and very good quality eqipment.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hawk pads, Powerstop slotted rotors and techna-fit lines are what I am running and it is a drastic improvment over stock.Not sure if the rotors made the difference or if it was more on the pads and lines, but everything new and very good quality eqipment.
probably the pads and brake lines. i havent yet invested in brake lines, but that is on the list

the only downside to the hawk pads is a lot of brake dust. i had ceramic pads before and they were almost dust-free. now it only takes a week or two before my wheels are covered in dust again :roll:

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah i just like the look of slotted rotors and junk, and they aren't any more expensive than powerslots, heck they are made by the same company. I know it is all in the pads, i just haven't decided how much money i want to drop on pads and i am going to get lines, i have founds a really nice set from a company called Russell for about $100. So Hawk pads seem to be the shiz if everybody has them. I have looked at the ebc pads too but they get damn expensive. I just wanted to see if anybody has drt or powerslots and likes them, recommends them, thank yall, more opinions always help.

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good luck on getting slotted or drilled because it will eat the s**t out of your pads.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:word:

the pads will make the biggest difference. im using hawk hps too with powerslot 12" rotor kit.. very happy cuz no more brake fade :thumbs up
I hate to be the guy doing this but....

Isn't brake fade is unavoidable and inevitable...? Pad material might allow for higher temperatures before creating fade but, to say "no more brake fade" isn't really possible now is it? ;)

Yeah i just like the look of slotted rotors and junk, and they aren't any more expensive than powerslots, heck they are made by the same company. I know it is all in the pads, i just haven't decided how much money i want to drop on pads and i am going to get lines, i have founds a really nice set from a company called Russell for about $100. So Hawk pads seem to be the shiz if everybody has them. I have looked at the ebc pads too but they get damn expensive. I just wanted to see if anybody has drt or powerslots and likes them, recommends them, thank yall, more opinions always help.
Do you track your car? Or race it? Autocross? Why do you need such an awesome braking system?

I went with Advanced Auto Parts rotors and pads and my car can still stop pretty hard.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hate to be the guy doing this but....

Isn't brake fade is unavoidable and inevitable...? Pad material might allow for higher temperatures before creating fade but, to say "no more brake fade" isn't really possible now is it? ;)
the larger rotors create a larger heat sink. they can absorb more heat before becoming saturated (aka brake fade). the metallic-composite pads help to dissipate the heat into the caliper more quickly. ceramic tends to insulate heat against the rotor

i can come to a near stop from 100+mph without fading now. previously i would start to get fade from like 75-80mph

Last edited:

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
"Do you track your car? Or race it? Autocross? Why do you need such an awesome braking system?

I went with Advanced Auto Parts rotors and pads and my car can still stop pretty hard."

Yeah i know that i could get rotors cheaper but not by much, the lines are the only indulgence as they aren't truly a necessity. I am just getting a better brakes because mine are getting weak, fade super fast and i am tired of it. I occasionally autox, hoping to get some track time this fall, but mostly just enjoy cornering hard when i can around town and nothing suck more than whipping around a corner having to stop and fading like a mofo. I would be much more confident in driving around knowing i can stop in a second.

Dough

5+ Year Member
damn i notice fade if i break hard from 110 km/h, usually around 40 km/h is when i notice... in any case, I only brake that hard and long when i goofing around on an off ramp near in my area...