Brake squeel from new brakes??

LCheung

5+ Year Member
96 DX Hatch said:
I just got my teggy back with new kazera rotors & hawk pads, and i also noticed some kind of squeeling from the right side. well, not so much a squeel, but more of a rubbing or something :what: could it just be new pads/rotors breaking in?
I think aggressive pads are just more noisy. I have the Porterfield RS-4s and with my car off, applying the brakes while rolling down a hill sounds like metal scraping or something like that. If noise is what you're concerned with, seriously buy OE Honda, because they have to deal with laymen who think the slightest squeek is a major problem with their car. OE pads really aren't that bad, you have to remember they must satisfy the general public and I think most people are fairly concerned with their brakes.

-Leon

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have noticed they are doing it less frequently now. I haven't had any time with work to do anything to them. I am going to the 100 acre wood rally this weekend ao it wont be till monday before I am gonna be able to do anything. I will check them out when I put on my Russel brake lines.