Brakes Help!

EJ6Ryder

What up CC I think its time for new rear brake. I say this because when I apply the brake and slow down from speeds of 30mph or more I get this hardc knocking coming from the back. I have a 97 civic sedan with 180k on it I know its drum brakes but I want to know if if I can convert to disk brakes and if that is the best way to go? Is it an expensive swap and is it difficult let me know soon thanks

techavluis

Registered VIP
yes you can. it was easy for me to do. google it and your find much info

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea it can be done..looks nice too but do some research..some ppl have problems with it...back brakes rub..not uncommon with this conversion either.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
They have rear big brake kits and they also have your oem swaps which would be cheaper.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not worth the hassle or money. Get new shoes/drums for the rear. If you want better braking, get better front pads.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not worth the hassle or money. Get new shoes/drums for the rear. If you want better braking, get better front pads.
This. The majority of braking power comes from the front so upgrade the pads if you want to stop better. Otherwise, while disc brakes may look better and are easier to work on, drum brakes also require less maintenance. I've got 225k miles on my stock drum pads and they still work completely fine.