brand new 03 civic ex m/t

twistedkaoz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well yo heres the thing.. i just bought a brand new civic 03... and im 16... i would like to know what is good to throw up on this car... i have the money.. i just dont know what to put... im plannin to turbocharge it with that one hks turbo.. well yeah... if u guys got any suggestions for me.. please leave it.. thx

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swap in a k20a3 (i think thats the type-s) then build up the internals to hold 25psi, and make sure ur car can get enough fuel to boost it then buy a turbo and boost the sh*t out of it. hehehe........but yeah, if you have the money swap it, and then turbo that sh*t. :D

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think k20a3 is Si motor. isnt k20a2 Type S ?

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by K-west
i think k20a3 is Si motor. isnt k20a2 Type S ?
K20a3.rsx base/civic si
K20a2.rsx type s.
HKS turbo doesnt exist for 7thgen, you cant buy one.I know HKS made protype one while ago. What do you want to do with your car? Show? Race?

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
16 and turbo don't mix.

But if you're gonna go all out with a turbo, nothing less than Stafford Fabrications... because there's nothing better than Stafford Fabrications.

stealthsi009

sTEalth MOde
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man don't swap a RSX-S motor. You already have the block. I say go N/A first. You will smoke RSX-S left and right anyday. Swaping it is a big waste of money. Just upgrades is the way to go.

2k2civicex5spd

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude your 16, just use the car to go to highschool and stuff, and just go all out on it when your older. Just have something reliable.

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 2k2civicex5spd
Dude your 16, just use the car to go to highschool and stuff, and just go all out on it when your older. Just have something reliable.
On the other hand, do it now while you have the money for the car, cuz later you wont have it cuz you will have bills up the wazzo. Its a lot harder to do things to ur ride once your out of highschool. cuz you will have rent, collage, serisious girlfreind, etc.........been thier done that.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civicvtec1ps
K20a3.rsx base/civic si
K20a2.rsx type s.
HKS turbo doesnt exist for 7thgen, you cant buy one.I know HKS made protype one while ago. What do you want to do with your car? Show? Race?
so i was right....

ziggyboo84

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bro while you got the money and no college expences go on http://www.maxrev.com/index2.html and get your self a trubo kit some nice body kit jsut be careful i remember when i was 16 your driving record will fallow you lol !!!!!! and make sure you get a regular oil change lol i know some pople who blew they engine cuz of a stupid oil change lol !!!!! enjoy hooking up you car ! you got money you say make sure you got enough when you hit college or get a scholar ship lol !!!!!! anyway enjoy your new ride and good luck post some pics later on

BoostedCivicZex

I boost and spray,do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hks only makes a manifold for the 7thgencivic and a flange for a crappy t25 turbo. The manifold is a log type manifold, the worst you can buy

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya stay away from the log manifold... for one thing they are ass ugly. Try to get an equal length manifold. they look very nice.

BoostedCivicZex

I boost and spray,do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sf is the only kit that makes an equal length manifold for the 7thgens. Comes with a t3 flange

ziggyboo84

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey bro i'm glad you told me that aobut the max rev cuz i'm was considerign one you got a site for the SF kit i can chsck it out on PM me please!!!!

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 2k2civicex5spd
yup exactly, having a factory warenty and a car thats payed off by the time you get out of college is a great thing to have8) besides in 5 years or so the'll be a bigger aftermarket for that car. keep it stock for now and don't waste your money