Brand new rotors, orange spots

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
I just put on a set of brand new rotors and pads less than 4 days ago. There already is what seems to be rust on the rotors? It's like orange colored splotches dime sized around where the pad connects with the rotor.

Can rust set up that fast or is it somthing else? I know it's ugly as hell for a fact.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rotors rust really fast, as soon as you start driving and step on the brakes it comes right off

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
What can I use to clean it off with that won't harm my pads? It's on the edges and everything. Looked damn good 4 days ago. Oh well...

Will brake cleaner work in the spray can?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What can I use to clean it off with that won't harm my pads? It's on the edges and everything. Looked damn good 4 days ago. Oh well...

Will brake cleaner work in the spray can?
You don't clean it off. Just use the brakes and it's gone.

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
it's around the outer ring and where the wheel connects. The brakes don't come into contact with it.

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
I'm gonna go outside once the sun comes out and take a picture so you can see what i'm describing.

If it's rust I'm taking those rotors back.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All rotors rust. They have a high iron content (which is what makes them work) so it oxidizes.

Bring them back and watch the faces of the guys right before they tell you to GTFO and call you a retard.

If you don't like it so much you'll have to paint the surface to seal it.

PS> It's called the Rotor Hat for future reference.

ryanM

your rotors are rusting after only 4 days?

f**k that, take them back and demand replacements.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
word. the first time you step on the brakes and hear the sqeek noise. thats the rotor rust going away. its oka!!!

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah i got a pair of 4 lug si rear brakes and their rusted as s**t but i'm still gonna put them on because the rust will be gone the frist time i brake