brand suggestions for o2 sensor and radiator replacements?

voxleo

5+ Year Member
question about radiators for my 5th gen civic - 95 ex coupe MT. She's served me well and has near 150K miles on her from the last 17 years and still runs pretty well despite being banged up more than once from pretty much all sides.

She needs a new O2 sensor and the radiator is leaking (plus lots of rust in the coolant which has been disappearing lately) so it looks like Imma need a new one of those too. Is there any thing I should know about before replacing these? I guess I should get a new thermostat too, right? What about brands to recommend or avoid? I have been reading that the Denso O2 sensor is a better choice than the Bosch, but there is such a variety of radiator possibilities I don't know where to begin!

Lately have been experiencing some idle surge, but only when idling and will sometimes stop if I turn on the air or the heat or something, no problems accelerating or anything and I am assuming this is directly related to the radiator leak (which it has only started doing lately in earnest or I might not have noticed) - might it be anything else instead?

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, go with Denso.

For the radiator, buy a cheap one. I've had ebay radiators on my past two DDs and never had a problem.

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
o2 doesnt matter cus if it's from autozone or etc, you'll have warranty. so why worry about it?
radiator, ebay.

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
O2 don't go cheap, use denso. A cheap one may ruin like s**t but not be defective. Same goes for spark plugs-ngk all the time

Tapatalk rocks!

voxleo

5+ Year Member
Thanks all! Went with the Denso sensor and a cheapo radiator - together cost under 80 bucks shipped! Now to figure out what to do with em and hope I don't botch up anything in the process!

I love my civic. My head was turned only once in terms of considering another car (and that was as I passed a billboard for the 06 civic si, so I don't feel too guilty. At least I'd be keeping it in the family). But she's starting to show the years now in the little things like the turn signal wand losing its spring and the foam around the the steering wheel becoming less attached and sort of twisting, though not coming off at all. . I suppose starting to show the years at 17 ain't half bad though! I just worry about some of the way she's been beat on in impacts - stupid stuff like collisions and me driving off of steep curbs and raking the underside... POOR BABY!!