Bright EG

copliesflip

5+ Year Member
Hey I'm new to the site and have a 92 sedan. I want to get some fog lights and an HID kit. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good set of fog lights and a nice HID kit. thanks all

copliesflip

5+ Year Member
So because I have a sedan there aren't any mounting locations for OEM fog lights so i figure i need to just buy a universal kit. Any suggestions for brands, i dont really want to spend $300 for PIAA's if i dont have to

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
QUOTE=SGGilmo;2534446]find something like this:

http://passwordjdm.com/JDM-EG9-92-95-Civic-Sedan-Nose-Cut-with-Fog-Lights-Yellow-P1996C149.aspx

im sure you can find one thats not so pricey
tha thing bout all those pics is that those are fogs for coupes not for sedans.

check these at this website copliesflip http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=17166&cat=1774&page=1. n your bumper does have mounting brackets already on tha bumper from tha factory. when buying the fogs theyll have instructions on how to cut your bumper. also tha fogs for sedans go inside tha bumper grill just like this.

copliesflip

5+ Year Member
ok cool. i thought that the sedans had no mounting for fog lights at all but what your saying is that the JDM style ones that are designed for the coupe will fit, just with a little bit one cutting in the grill in the bumper

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok cool. i thought that the sedans had no mounting for fog lights at all but what your saying is that the JDM style ones that are designed for the coupe will fit, just with a little bit one cutting in the grill in the bumper
if u like the coupe fogs then might aswell do a coupe front end conversion. ive never seen anybody do coupe fogs on a sedan bumper tho.

copliesflip

5+ Year Member
ok never mind what i said before, i just thought that the sedan fogs were the same but i see that they aren't. So the sedan lights are designed to mount in the grill of the bumper, do you know if they attach directly to the plastic on the bumper or do they attach to some metal part of the front end behind the bumper.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok never mind what i said before, i just thought that the sedan fogs were the same but i see that they aren't. So the sedan lights are designed to mount in the grill of the bumper, do you know if they attach directly to the plastic on the bumper or do they attach to some metal part of the front end behind the bumper.
tha brackets are actually in tha backside of tha bumper. u would have to cut tha bumper in a certain way making sure u leave tha tabs for mounting on tha fogs. tha brackets on tha fogs are metal but tha tabs on tha bumper are plastic.

n yeah theyll go at the bottom corner ends of tha bumper grill. they look good when installed. gives the sedan a nice ferio look.

copliesflip

5+ Year Member
Alright, that sounds pretty sweet. So the best way to do it would be to take the front bumper off and find where it goes and cut it while its off. One last thing, was it difficult to get the switch mounted in the dash and all wired up so that when the dash lights come on it has back light?

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright, that sounds pretty sweet. So the best way to do it would be to take the front bumper off and find where it goes and cut it while its off. One last thing, was it difficult to get the switch mounted in the dash and all wired up so that when the dash lights come on it has back light?
yeah tha only way to do it is to take tha bumper off. it should b easy with tha instructions. tha bumper even has marks from tha factory on where to cut anyways.

n tha connection should n easy too. thats if u get a real set of fog light n not sum cheap kind. your fuse box even has tha slots where to connect tha fogs. everything should b straight forward with tha instructions.

JDMLighting.com

5+ Year Member
you can check out my products and PM me with questions for your HID needs...

You can see specials in the Site Sponsors section of deals I have for members here.

Thanks

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tha thing bout all those pics is that those are fogs for coupes not for sedans.

check these at this website copliesflip http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=17166&cat=1774&page=1. n your bumper does have mounting brackets already on tha bumper from tha factory. when buying the fogs theyll have instructions on how to cut your bumper. also tha fogs for sedans go inside tha bumper grill just like this.

well the secound two are from an eg6 but i figured sence they were in the sedan section they might fit. wasnt sure though. however the first link if for an EG9. read the description

oh and here's one for about $135

http://www.thecar.com.my/ac000524/fender.html

probably just easier to mod the stock one.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the secound two are from an eg6 but i figured sence they were in the sedan section they might fit. wasnt sure though. however the first link if for an EG9. read the description

oh and here's one for about $135

http://www.thecar.com.my/ac000524/fender.html

probably just easier to mod the stock one.
Yeah the discription are right. Want talking bout that tho. That pic its what's wrong. Password f**ked up on that one. Ferios only came with fogs in the inner side of the bumper grill not on the outer bumper. They just have the wrong pic on there.

copliesflip

5+ Year Member
Alright that sounds tight. Thanks for all the advice and showing me the site, i'd given up on finding an OEM fog light kit for the EG8 sedan.