Broke into 13's woot woot!

RKSskier

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Props man thats a nice time...... better be careful, that 4 door civic might be confused for a real live sports car. Especially when its faster than many!!!

Ohh and just to let you know, I have a 15g in my garage at the moment. Of course I have had it for about a year, but this winter I think I will be putting it on. Way to show what a little 15g on a little sohc can do. s**t I hope i can squeak into the 13's but dont really expect to. Anyways congrats, thats pretty sweet.

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Congrats man, 13s in a D-series is pretty quick. For me the B vs. D argument ends at who runs the quicker time for less money....How much do you have into your Turbo D setup??? If its less than the 3k-ish mark for a GSR swap IMO Turbo D is better for the money.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Congrats man, 13s in a D-series is pretty quick. For me the B vs. D argument ends at who runs the quicker time for less money....How much do you have into your Turbo D setup??? If its less than the 3k-ish mark for a GSR swap IMO Turbo D is better for the money.
well i like to factor in reliability and driveability, which always seems to be better on a Normally Aspirtated bone stock B-Series....

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D16z6 + Greddy kit = 1300
Down Pipe + Exhaust = 125
Tune = 350
misc belts and s**t + the oil and stuff 130
Boost gauge was free

$1905

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i like to factor in reliability and driveability, which always seems to be better on a Normally Aspirtated bone stock B-Series....
ill give you that....b18c1 is probally more reliable perhaps more drivable since it saves more gass

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True reliability and driveability would be better on a NA B but my friend's turbo D never gave him any problems, completely turn key. In my situation personally shooting for 13s maybe 12s someday with my hatch, Turbo D seems to be the way to go. People also say that just front the money initially and buy the B to turbo later and you will be better off, but then the argument of a built D series running higher boost comes into play.... It's all give and take, at any rate great job on the sedan, looks clean and fast, what more could ya ask for lol

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
another thing i like is the fact that is N/A. I've always liked N/A better and the extra money would make it worth it. Thats just my preference though.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice time, dude. how many times did you get to run it? 16.8 to 13.9 is hella good. :] was that your last run?

Autoworks

5+ Year Member
60' was 2.178

1000 was 11.711

330 was 5.944

I plan to now do all the bolt ons and build the head..

probally a cam springs reatainers 3 inch down pipe. I still gotta research it.
congrats. :thumbup:
Cut that 60ft down and you'll be in the mid 13.s.

The D v/s B argument will always be an ongoig saga. Why even debate about a car on street tires v/s a car on slicks with times?? Look at the trap speed and it will tell you more.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys =)

Ive only drivin down the track three times.. My first time was in the summer and was a 14.4 Second time was 16.8 and the third time was a 13.9

Very Happy. But i would like to get more seat time. LOL if you can believe the first time ive ever done a burnout was here at the track