Broken Driver Side Door Handle on my new EJ8

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I just bought a '00 EX Coupe (My 3rd 6th gen) and the driverside door handle part of it is busted.
How hard is this to change? I know that I would remove the door panel and then switch out the lock.
Also does anyone have a spare driverside door handle in green?
Pictures will be coming up soon!
Bought it from the 2nd owner who's had it 8 years since it had 50k on it.
It now only has 133k on it.
It has some sort of aftermarket exhaust on it that's not too loud, sounds good.
It also has a cold air intake, but other than that it's all stock.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Spare handle, nope. You can get them off email for about $10. I have replaced my door handles like 3 times. They are pretty common to break, especially in the wintery areas.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
yea those fragile handles lucky my never broke. not really hard at all to do i had to change my locks when i got my car since previous owner lost the key

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Remove the door panel then I believe it's two 10mm bolts holding the handle on then you unscrew it from the door rod. If you live in freeing areas spray silicone spray on your door seals and wipe them down so they don't get frozen shut

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As mc360 stated, its pretty straight forward once you get in there & check it out.

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Thank you guys very much. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it when the weather clears up and it's not 27 degrees outside. 20160105_011533.jpg 20160104_172855-picsay.jpg 20160104_172911-picsay.jpg 20160105_011514-picsay.jpg
I was thinking about chrome door handles wouldn't those be less prone to breaking?
I didn't see any on ebay that had the holes for locks.
Anyone else have them?

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chrome is a finish usually laid on plastic in the case of car door handles. I dont think they make chrome finish handles for these Civics but they may have stick-on kits. Either way, I think that would look awful ( and ricey) on a Civic.