broken stud, rolling on three lugs.

cuetip

Registered VIP
nah dude i have a buddy that rolls on 3 on all 4 wheels, and we live in a state that has horrible roads

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Ummmm.... Well, it's not good! Seriously get off the road and just fix it. It's only a couple bucks to get a new one so stop what you're doing and put in some work! LOL..

Sure, you may be able to make it with out worries, but seriously man. Why would you even chance something that's made to keep you alive at high speeds? Short story, A buddy of mine had a lug break off and he kept driving like this for a while. One day he noticed a slight shimmy and got out to find all but 2 of the studs were left and they were about gone as well. This was in a 6 lug explorer.

Trust me man. You don't want to be rolling down the interstate at 75mph and have a wheel pop off. No bueno!

00ciivic

My civic is slow.
I've been rolling 3 nuts on 3 tires since my swap a year and a half ago

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, it's dangerous and the longer you do it, the more strain you are putting on your other wheel studs.

Nwashburn79@yah

:lol:haha! if thats the case, i should be fine for a little longer lol!!! short shifter and new boot sound like a better upgrade now!! thanks for the input:lol::lol::lol:

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why the hell does everyone else get to roll on 3!?!? I did that for not even a day on my old em1 and the third broke lol

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
:lol:haha! if thats the case, i should be fine for a little longer lol!!! short shifter and new boot sound like a better upgrade now!! thanks for the input:lol::lol::lol:
Yeah... upgrade your shifter instead of spending a few bucks on a bolt to save your life.. Or at minimum your car. That's thinking! .. Good grief man. It's an hour job with a beer in your hand for crying out loud :roll:

EDIT: Actually what you need to do is just boost it. / thread :thumbs up

Trekk

Registered VIP
As said above its not smart or safe to do. Can you do it, sure, can your wheel come off and kill someone, sure.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Replacing a wheel stud is not hard, or expensive. It's stupid not to fix it.

It also makes your car look like a beater.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just dont go doing Auto X or racing and it will be just fine until you can replace it. Is it ideal...no but 3 will hold just fine. Dont overtighten them next time :P