bseries question

1.6luv

5+ Year Member
hi guys im a bit new here .. i have jus picked my self up an acura el and i was jus wondering if a b series engine is compatible with a d series tranny

Spizike

5+ Year Member
Exactly what acura do you have ?
And from what i know i think it's not the same .

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
H with H, J with J, K with K, R with R, A with A, C with C

the list goes ONNNN and ONNNN for honda codes.

1.6luv

5+ Year Member
well its an acura 1.6 el ..from wat i understand at my shop and numerous message boards, the civic ex model comes with the d16y engine...i could be wrong ..and numerous swaps have resulted. but i was jus wondering if it a b engine to d series was compatible because im picking up a b18 for 300.00 and i wanna know if i can just keep the tranny i have.

1.6luv

5+ Year Member
well its an acura 1.6 el ..from wat i understand at my shop and numerous message boards, the civic ex model comes with the d16y engine...i could be wrong ..and numerous swaps have resulted. but i was jus wondering if it a b engine to d series was compatible because im picking up a b18 for 300.00 and i wanna know if i can just keep the tranny i have.
its a 1999 model el

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no you need a b series transmission with your b series motor. your question was already answered

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And theres a whole more to it than just switching engine and trans. I think you should stick with what you have and research ALOT more till u fully understand whats what. Then save ur $$ cause anytime you do a swap or turbo, add in 25% more than what u saved for mishaps, forgotten parts, and anything else that can halt forward progress of the build.