Build me a system! Ideas with $800 budget?!?

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mattnyu99 said:
Oh na. It's nothing like that. I trust what you are saying. I am thinking of maybe getting a jl audio amp since i have jl speakers. But if the eclipse save me a lot of money then i might go with the installers suggestion as far as what i need and what will be good enough.

I appreciate what everyone her has said and suggested. If money werent an issue i would get memphis amps. :P
:werd: That's cool. Sorry if I sounded harsh. Get what you want jo. :P And lets see some pictures once it's complete.

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a JL Audio e2150 (sold my Rockford Fosgate mono blocks and got it) running one JL Audio W7 .. had 2 W7's but sold one to get money for other stuff... if you have one of the loudest subs on earth you dont really need 2 :P hehe The e2150 isnt too bad and I only paid 130$ brand new still in box w/ warranty and s**t from my uncle... its a 2 channel bridged to just the W7 and it thumps like you woulden't believe... next upgrade is going to be expandable foam in my trunk bar

Oh also I have ecplise 5 1/4... or 5 1/2 forget exact size but they sound amazing, the bass is almost as good as a cheap sub and the clarity on them is amazing..

Last edited:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I personally some of their things are overpriced.. and I HATE their little 5in. screen or whatever the f**k it is. Thing drives me nuts everytime I see it.

btw, you won't be getting 50x4 outta that amp, it'll be less... Hondas don't run that high on the voltage scale. =)

mattnyu99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Change of plans.

Final Specs

Alpine 9831 Headunit- Compatible with both sirius and xm
60w Rockford (p162s) 6.5" component - front
75w Rockford (T162c) 6.5" 2 way - rear
Kenwood 8401 4 channel amp - 60x4 @ 4ohms

Total cost installed = $762
Items are on the way.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you probably could have ebay-ed it for less... ;)

mattnyu99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That was ebay prices including install price. I could have come out cheaper if i install myself but i am no 12 volt expert.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ooh, including install. How much is that? not too bad then... good job. =)

mattnyu99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Headunit
Alpine 9831 (3 preamps and comp. w/ sirius and xm)
eBay price $242.45 + 29.75 SH

Front Components Speakers
Rockford Fosgate 6 ½ Component Speakers (P162S )
Ike Sound price $108

Rear Speakers
Rockford Fosgate 6 ½ 2 Way Speakers (T162C)
Best Buy price $112.99

Amp
Kenwood KAC8401 60x4 @ 4ohms
Ike Sound Price $153

Ike shipping = $34
Install for HU = $53
Install for both speakers = $62
Install for amp = $84

Total parts and labor = $879.38.

I came in a little over buget of my $800 goal but i think i got a decent system goin in. I was trying to get everything from ike sound since they offer a 1 yr warranty. I eBayed the parts they didnt have in stock..

mattnyu99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BAD news. Maybe its new with 2004 sedans?!?! But neither the rockford P162s nor Kenwood P605ie would fit! The Rockford's were similar to a 50 foot tractor trailer trying to fit into a 1 car garage! Then i went and bought the kenwoods and they mount properly, but the magnet goes all the way to the metal of the door. I could have used a spacer but then there were clearance issues with the interior door panel going back on.

Man this car is not condusive to audio upgrades. And after seeing the crappy stock speakers with my own eyes i have to replace them; their like paper towels!

So I was told by my installer that the previous civics were much easier. And that the only way i am getting components into this door is by Dual Magnets. And the only duals that i found were Kenwood eXcelon KFC-Xr61P. Anyone have experience with these? http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=22&sortBy=price&productId=2428

What rear speakers would you recommend? the 2004 sedan comes with 6.5" front and back. I have a 60x4w Kenwood amp that will power all the speakers.

Right now its looking like:

Alpine 9831 HU
Kenwood XR61P Dual Mag components
Rear ???
Kenwood KAC 8401 60x4

mattnyu99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about these 3 ways for the rears? Kenwood KFC-1689ie

SPEAKER FEATURES
# pearl-mica injection-molded polypropylene woofer
# urethane surround
# 1-3/16" PEI balanced dome midrange
# 3/8" PEI dome tweeter
# recommended power range 2-50 watts RMS
# peak power handling 200 watts
# frequency response 30-30,000 Hz
# sensitivity 92 dB
# depth 2-1/16"

These will set me back $50 on ebay and i am open to suggestions. Want the best bang for the buck rear setup. I listen to Hip Hop/Blues/Jazz.

PBzAllan

k swapped
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

thats my deck,hits pretty good other then that id say start with the deck the go from there

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You might need to get a custom kick panel to fit in the door speakers... if you want some high end component speakers in there I would highly recommend it, you could make it (if your good with wood / fiberglassing) or buy a couple, another bonus to them is they are more adequitly aimed towards the innards of the car and not for better sound quality for your feet =)

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would have mentioned this earlier but I dont know the sizing inside 04's im sorry I hope everything works out

typeRrice14

^ such a ricer...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy my buddys system. alpine type r subs (12") 1000 watt alpine amp n pioneer head unit. its worth $1300 he wants 750 plus shippin. pm for more details.