Building the system

hatchman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no way that the solobaric is better then the w7. the w7 is the standard of all subwoofers since it has come out, true it might cost more but you only need one. the w7's are so powerful i have not heard of a peak power handling spec on them yet. they have taken over 2000 watts of power and have not blown. i was up at a cartunes and asked one of the salesmen about them and they said that the company even tried hooking up home stereo amps to them and they still havent blown.

here is some qoutes from some car audio magazines --------

"You'll need to buy two or even three subs of a similar size to make the same (output) and you probably won't have room for them." – Redline (UK), March, 2002

hatchman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"The 12W7-3 delivers a very impressive sense of power that's absolutely addictive on this type of material." (Jennifer Warnes' "Ain't no cure for love") – Tom Nousaine, Mobile Entertainment (USA), April/May 2002

"It's a totally seductive and completely absorbing engulfment in bass." – Tom Nousaine, Mobile Entertainment (USA), April/May 2002

"So, what do we have here? We have an extremely impressive technological tour de force, that's what." – Tom Nousaine, Mobile Entertainment (USA), April/May 2002

"The 12W7-3 has more peak-to-peak linear suspension travel than any subwoofer I've tested so far (Xsus of more than 3 inches). The motor also has more stroke than any other subwoofer I've tested (Xmag of 26.3 mm, which is over 2 inches peak-to-peak). – Tom Nousaine, Mobile Entertainment (USA), April/May 2002

"The new subwoofer reference" – Car&HiFi, March/April 2002 (Germany) – test of 12W7

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok yea the w7 is better than the solobaric but not the new one its called solobaric X and it is an 18 inch sub weighs about 145 pounds and can handle up to 10000 watts not sure of the rms but it would be fine with only 4000 watts. no need for a new alternator with that much just maybe 2 more batteries. so really you will be spening just as much because the w7 cost more. i can lift 2 w7's in a box. the solobaric X weighs about 20 more pounds than me. i might be able to pick 1 up with out the box..... but there is no need nor room for more than 1.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k so i hope your all about style becuase if ONE solobaric X weighs more than TWO w7, get the w7's dog.....

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude if your really planning on running 10,000 watts, you sure as hell need a new alternator. my current setup with 900 rms watts, a 1 farad cap, deep cycle battery still makes my lights dim and puts a lot of strain on my alt. multiply that by 10 to get yours and theres no way that alt will live. and by the way, why do you need 10,000 watts? you will never be able use it, s**t i can barely listen to my 900 watts at full blast for any length of time.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i think its at something like 180 decibals or something that your heart STOPS beating....and crank the 10k watts up, and your buying new windows, learning brail, buying new alternator, battery, replacing some wires your fried, not worht it mah frind

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so wait did i say run all 10000 watts
no i said maybe about 4000 with 2 caps and 2 batteries. 2 2000 watt amps. and the dude never said anything about racing he said he wants bumps i giving him an idea for bumps not racing so whats weight matter. and the point is the soloX is better thats all im sayin. and if u listen to ur s**t full blast meaning all the way up then ur dumb. if u hafta have it all the way up for it to be hitting hard then u aint got s**t.
but the point is the soloX is a better sub and better buy thats all im sayin

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by civicWAY2FAST4U
so wait did i say run all 10000 watts
no i said maybe about 4000 with 2 caps and 2 batteries. 2 2000 watt amps. and the dude never said anything about racing he said he wants bumps i giving him an idea for bumps not racing so whats weight matter. and the point is the soloX is better thats all im sayin. and if u listen to ur s**t full blast meaning all the way up then ur dumb. if u hafta have it all the way up for it to be hitting hard then u aint got s**t.
but the point is the soloX is a better sub and better buy thats all im sayin
whoa... slow down.... you are typing WAY2FAST4ME

.... 10000 watts is crazy.. i have 2 10" subs.... good enough for me... i like my hearing.

put the money in the engine... or ship it to me... loud stereo's suck:evil:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by abej6
whoa... slow down.... you are typing WAY2FAST4ME

.... 10000 watts is crazy.. i have 2 10" subs.... good enough for me... i like my hearing.

put the money in the engine... or ship it to me... loud stereo's suck:evil:
bwaahahahahahaha, :hitlol:

ok so wait, if your not planning on running the 10000, why would you spend probably well over a grand getting it? seriously, i run 1200 watt amp, and its underpowered, so my subs maybe hitting at 400 if im lucky. and that s**t is tooo crazy. it seriously starts to hurt if i turn it up all the way. 10000 watts, your going to kill people, 10000 watts is what they use at big ass concerts. why the hell would you need that in a car?! even if your not going to use 10000. its still too much by 9200 watts.

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well since it is a car subwoofer i dont see it being used at concerts 10000watts is what is can handle u dont need to push that much y wont u guys understand this i wouldnt use this sub actually ill stick wit my 2 12inch rockfords wit 200 watts to each one in a small ass box im more for racing this dude said he wanted somethin that slammed well there it is and i guess the name says it all way2fast4ubitch

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but what ever im done with u all u guys r dumb as f**k the kid wanted somethin that would slam all im tryin to say is the soloX will do so harder than a W7 would do

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^ wow... thats alot of posts... i didnt understand one of them..

must be because im" dumb as f**k"...

can i ban this guy? anyone object to that?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by Rice4Brains
remember the warnings andrew...
... oh yeah, the warnings....

warning #1 8:21 pm
warning #2 8:28 pm
warning #3 8:39 pm

BAN

j/p... he said he had enough of us.. so we'll see what happens8)

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
his logic is very very very odd, hmm let me spend 2g + for a speaker i cant turn up, and he says you dont turn it all the way up, so when can you turn it all the way up?? isnt that pretty much the point, but yeah a ban sounds very nice

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess a ban sounds sweet i mean my feelings would be sooo hurt nomore club civic WOW many other better forums out there

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by civicWAY2FAST4U
i guess a ban sounds sweet i mean my feelings would be sooo hurt nomore club civic WOW many other better forums out there
ask and you shall recieve.

( i can un-ban him if i have hurt anyone's feelings, i realize he didnt get 3 warnings... but i really dont care. )