built 1.6 sohc?

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
has anyone done this before? I'm just f**kin tired of tryin to save money to get my motor (1.8) and end up losing the money from other things. I already have a 1.6 sitting around at my house so i'm wondering has anyone actually tried building the motor from the bottom up?

the motor i have now has racing cams, ported head and intake manifold, racing ecu, CAI, pacesetter exhaust mani. 2 1/4 pipe

but i've been thinking if would it cost me just as much money to build my 1.6? i already have the all the other good stuff. someone give me advice i think it would be kinda nice to have a built 1.6. do they sell internals for these?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jokenfu21 said:
has anyone done this before? I'm just f**kin tired of tryin to save money to get my motor (1.8) and end up losing the money from other things. I already have a 1.6 sitting around at my house so i'm wondering has anyone actually tried building the motor from the bottom up?

the motor i have now has racing cams, ported head and intake manifold, racing ecu, CAI, pacesetter exhaust mani. 2 1/4 pipe

but i've been thinking if would it cost me just as much money to build my 1.6? i already have the all the other good stuff. someone give me advice i think it would be kinda nice to have a built 1.6. do they sell internals for these?
i guess since you said cams your cam already has a b16 in it? **** confused***

if so are you asking if its worth it to build a b16???

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry bro...sohc...my bad, so used to puting the letter s on everything. it's single overhead. so it's a d16

hanlon_civic

5+ Year Member
I know a person around where I live built a SOHC VTEC ZC for boost and it runs like crazy, we've est. that he's putting close to 300hp down no lie, he went to run it at the track and the week before all 4 Eagle rods broke from a manufacture defect so he just threw together a crappy bottem end and raced it and ran low 13's on 8psi.

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what i want to know is do they even have aftermarket internals for these things/

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jokenfu21 said:
what i want to know is do they even have aftermarket internals for these things/
Of course they do. It's a little expensive, but if taht's what you want to do then go for it.

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was thinking it might cost me more money to get a gsr and have to worry about swap and buying all the wiring harness ecu, linkage all those other stuff. i might as well just build the extra motor i have now. i have everything i need but the internals. maybe get it bored out a little. all motor...hmmm.

now i've never actually build a motor from the bottom up, what do i need to do to the block clean it and bore it out?