mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
comin along!

jerseyhonda

Haha so, basically body work took ALOT longer than i originally thought, after i got to sanding i realised how bad it was.... haha So i got it sanded down and ready to paint, but wont have time till next weekend >:(

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn:...

jerseyhonda

ya bro i cant wait to see how horible i am at painting cars :P lol
are you gonna do it your self or get it painted soon2b. oh yea, ive been meaning to ask you. What did you do your carpets with. Looks like you swapped or did it your self? im trying to find a way to do the interior over, but not paying 1823-40912384 to get it done, and buy new carpets and re-wrap seats...
Was thinking about a DC2 dash and midle console but i was doing some reading and it seems like WAY to much mods let alone there is a few gaps.... maybe a 96 GSR dash, not sure yet. Ideas are much welcome, i dont like the EG dash one bit :o
Also thinking GSR front seats and possible ITR back seats... but again, not sure :o

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I haven't done my carpets yet, I plan to just buy new carpet. Ive only changed my interior to black like the doors/dash ect I haven't even done the headliner. I want to do everything at one time, new seats, carpet, headliner ect

I am painting it myself with the help of my dad, Don't really have the money to pay someone else to do it plus I am using cheapy paint so if I mess up it's a cheap fix lol

jerseyhonda

I managed to get my paint and everything for around 180. I picked up the paint from a local auto paint shop and alot of the places here in town suggested i get the pre mixed primer and clear coat from auto zone by du-pont. they said its actually really good and will last, its like 20 bucks a pint.

jerseyhonda

Woo I'm glad to see my suggestion of an Android native app for cc wasn't just deleted (: tapatalk FTW!!!
Haha ok Im in the final process of prep for paint. Bondo is NOT your friend, seriously. Gonna get the car painted and I'm designing off centered stripes to do to paint gold to math the rims. Shall be fun.
Also, any one know how or were to cut the strut perchs to allow the sleeves to sit lower? As well as, can I cut the rod part of ky shocks at the top, and re thread so they are not so long, sounds ghetto but might work? Lol

jerseyhonda

Alright well here it is.. have two coats of clear on but next weekend I'm wet sanding adding 3 more coats wrt sanding then buffing so it should look better(:

Before rims.

Couple hours later after I picked up my rims :D

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you going to paint your dash back now that you know how to paint? you need different mirrors to pull this look off i think. how was the overspray, did you get it on anything?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also may i recommend that you paint your wiper blades/get new door trim/window trim, it makes your car look old and trashy. i think its because its faded. not in a bashing way, in a hoping that it can help you kind of way. annnnnd maybe ditch those wiper blades for factory single blades?

jerseyhonda

I'm not going to repaint the dash, waste of time. I'm looking for a dash swap from a gsr. And the trim is indeed jext. One stop at a time.

jerseyhonda

yup, that dent is the because of my spoily. its pretty heavyyy and sits just right with the dent =) so its nothing you can see when its on, sadly, little girls lost my bolts so i gotta go get new ones, bleh w.e haha.

jerseyhonda

so was delivering a pie to some one yesterday, parked in their drive way and realized, my car looks pretty good parked right there... so i took a pic :P hahaha