Bumper fitment

AZNSensation

Banned
Well I bought a new front bumper for my 00 civic si and for some reason I can't get the thing to fit correctly. I can attach the bumper to one side of the car where the fender and bumper are "flush" but the opposite side needs to be like a centimeter longer. Is this normal? I found that using those push-in-clips are really really really good at holding in body parts (I used them on the mugen lip), but anyways, any ideas?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it oem replacemnt from honda? if its any other brand there is a good chance its not going to fit... did u start by the grill?

AZNSensation

Banned
is it oem replacemnt from honda? if its any other brand there is a good chance its not going to fit... did u start by the grill?
Yeah I put the grill on first and secured the fasteners and then attempted the fender to bumper fittings. Should I have done it the opposite way?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope but u didnt answer me... is it oem honda from the factory?

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive got a fit problem with my certifit on my 00si as well, fits nice on passenger side but driver side fender is like it is not cut right and and has gap between fender and bumper of about .5 inch

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep. ur gonna have to stretch it or just buy the real deal... cheap parts suck.

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have you loosened the fender brackets and tryed to bring in the fender and realign the bumper a little aswell
mymmeryloss is right cheap products suck

AZNSensation

Banned
have you loosened the fender brackets and tryed to bring in the fender and realign the bumper a little aswell
mymmeryloss is right cheap products suck
I got it for free, can't complain. The bumper it had on it was cracked in half and a fog lense and bracket were also cracked. I supposed I could try moving the fender forward a tad.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Certafit isn't called "Sorta-Fit" for no reason. :|

Just kind of muscle it. I've knee'd my old bumper into place many a time. It was a CertiFit.

ryanM

i think your doing it wrong

ive had all kinds of replacement bumpers and all have fit just like oem :what:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Certafit isn't called "Sorta-Fit" for no reason. :|

Just kind of muscle it. I've knee'd my old bumper into place many a time. It was a CertiFit.
OMG THAT WAS HILARIOUS! hha

Try installing from opposite side and just keep stretching it. I put a Certafit on my brothers car and it was fine, it just needed some adjustments.

Was the car in an accident?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, mine always fit fine once it was on. It was just the ... getting it on part. ;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The Honda badge on the back of the bumper can be difficult to see. Wipe it down and look for it carefully. IIRC, it's on the bottom inner part. I'm thinking this isn't OEM though.

AZNSensation

Banned
Now that I think of it, the driver's side fender where it is connectd to the bumper was moved forwards a little bit. You can see the bolt that is supposed to be hidden behind the fender/door that connects the fender. Its about a centimeter crack down but you can barely notice it. Maybe i'll just move the other side to match.