Buying a 1996 cx need some advice and help please!

mattiek38

Like the title says I am going to look at a 1996 cx hatchback this weekend. I've never owned any type of Civic or Honda so I was just wondering if there are any specifics I should be looking for? The car is 1996 cx hatchback 5-speed manual transmission with 75,000 miles. All parts are original besides for the suspension which was converted to coilover so it is a little lower than stock. Do the coilovers improve handling? Here are some pictures too:

Car listed for $3,800. Tell me if thats a fair price please. So thanks for any help you guys have to offer or advice!

97EJ6Hatch

To me I think it is a rip off price because i see a rip, rusts, dents and dings.
It does not look like its been tagged or smogged.
Don't know if it holds a clean title.
The body lines don't line up.
Just because it has coilovers does not mean they need to raise the price.
I would rather buy one with stock suspension.
Not enough info.

mattiek38

I mean i could give u more information i was just asking for things that you might know specifically about these cars. I see all of that also. the title is clean, im not sure about smog or any of that if its the same in new jersey, the right fender does look like it was dented but i was told that, i was told of a little surface rust not a lot though, i noticed the rip as well. I mean what would you think as far as price. I was tld the clutch is good too. Do coilovers make the handling better though? is that what theyre for?