Buying A New Civic!

fiend2003

5+ Year Member
I've had 2 civics before and a integra but this is my first coupe si with a v-tec just wondering if anyone has major problems or compalints about the "1998 Honda Civic Si Coupe"...I'm familiar with the sohc & dohc but not the v-tec and as my 2 daughters need to be in this car just wondering what people think, I've heard mixed reveiws on this car but I have never had the troulbe from Honda's/Acura's like I have with Dodge, Ford and many others, Just wondering what people think and if they could give me some tips on the v-tec as i don't know much about them and I am still reading into them, thanks again!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 98 civic si coupe has a 1.6 liter sohc vtec motor , the vtec (not vtech) will give it a little more power at about 5500 rpm..all in all its a good car for commuting
just take care of it with proper oil changes and tuning and it should last you a long time

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, my bad! I didn't look at his location...

Anyway, replying to the OP, I have a 2000 ex (canadian si) and I'm fairly content with it. If the little bit of extra power and some amenities like sunroof, power windows, etc, aren't a big deal to you then I might go with a lower trim though just for the increased gas mileage.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, my bad! I didn't look at his location...

Anyway, replying to the OP, I have a 2000 ex (canadian si) and I'm fairly content with it. If the little bit of extra power and some amenities like sunroof, power windows, etc, aren't a big deal to you then I might go with a lower trim though just for the increased gas mileage.
f**k gas mileage POWER!!!
hahaha im a speed junkie

fiend2003

5+ Year Member
I also am a speed junkie my sedan got re-ended and i said my next car would have a v-tec, i want to get to know all the engines. But thanks for all the replies, this has helped!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've had 2 civics before and a integra but this is my first coupe si with a v-tec just wondering if anyone has major problems or compalints about the "1998 Honda Civic Si Coupe"...I'm familiar with the sohc & dohc but not the v-tec and as my 2 daughters need to be in this car just wondering what people think, I've heard mixed reveiws on this car but I have never had the troulbe from Honda's/Acura's like I have with Dodge, Ford and many others, Just wondering what people think and if they could give me some tips on the v-tec as i don't know much about them and I am still reading into them, thanks again!

Get a Honda Odyssey since you have to drive your kids around, the thing has like 17 airbags. Can't be too safe. :shock: