Buying a systemmm... but what?

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok... i've got a job and the money is starting to flow... basically i want a whole new audio system... I just dont know what i need exactly and if i'm skilled enough to install or need help? i'm 16 and my dad wont help me so i'm thinkin i'ma need some one to install. First would a place install if i bought off ebay and brought it in to them or is that something i have to ask? Secondly what products do you guys recommend. I was thinkin the Alpine CDA-9855 Head unit... its expensive? but is it worth it? Also... i'm goin with two Alpine 12" Type-R subs. So from that info what do you guys think. Also goin with new componet speakers for the front. Thanks guys... any advice / suggestions would be much appreciated. Basically... From my info i'm asking you to build me a system... i wouldnt like to spend more then 1500 if possible but 2k is the absolute max. *PS* 1998 Civic EX Coupe.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well with the way you are going you might as well just stick with alpine. Do up the type s components with some rears. and a trio of v-12 amps two of the monos and the four channels.
or you can just buy our Alpine dvd player and our alpine screen for $1000.00

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alpine is good. I would get at least their 500W amp to power those subs or the 1000W and a good 4 way for the components.

silvertuner98

Banned
are you wanting a system that everyone within a 2 mile radius will hear, or just good clear sound reproduction that u can turn up when a jackass with a rattling ass trunk pulls up to u and u dont wanna hear it lol.

i am very partial to Memphis amps, subs, and speakers. try a memphis belle amp (5 channel) and run a decent head unit (alpine) and call it a day. if u need much more then that, then ur just plain nuts lol. jp

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just remember underpowering your subs can be just as bad as overpowering them,

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silver, isnt memphis expensive? but if not ponit me in the right direction, i've heard nothing but great things about them... actually the name brings braging rights from what i've heard about them.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
memphis is not very expensive, actually... in comparison to other brands that might offer comparable performance.

the belle is a VERY nice amp though... that one will run you a bit if you buy retail and brand new. I personally like the design of the slighter older amps.. that's just me though.

I like the equipment... the subs can take the abuse... =) .. the amps aren't the cleanest things ever, depending on which one you get, but the power they say they put out is what they actually put out. =) ... if it says it's 1 ohm stable, it is. :D at least the st1000d is.

heh heh. I think memphis is a good choice. Alpine is a good choice though too. =)

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm lookin at memphis site but i cant find s**t for prices on there... anyone?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:google:

many manufacturers don't put prices on their sites.. and if they do, it's MSRP, and you'll generally find prices lower than that. ;)

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
=( i'ma nub... i know nothing about audio... but memphis sounds like a good route... a very good one if i can get good prices.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I haven't shopped for memphis in a while, but you should be able to find some decent prices online. =)

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm not able to find s**t... help would be appreciated.

boostinhb77

EK wHore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Iakona said:
Ok... i've got a job and the money is starting to flow... basically i want a whole new audio system... I just dont know what i need exactly and if i'm skilled enough to install or need help? i'm 16 and my dad wont help me so i'm thinkin i'ma need some one to install. First would a place install if i bought off ebay and brought it in to them or is that something i have to ask? Secondly what products do you guys recommend. I was thinkin the Alpine CDA-9855 Head unit... its expensive? but is it worth it? Also... i'm goin with two Alpine 12" Type-R subs. So from that info what do you guys think. Also goin with new componet speakers for the front. Thanks guys... any advice / suggestions would be much appreciated. Basically... From my info i'm asking you to build me a system... i wouldnt like to spend more then 1500 if possible but 2k is the absolute max. *PS* 1998 Civic EX Coupe.
If you are smart then dont get anything but JL, Alpine,or MB quart

also if you want big bass then go with JL W7 with at least 500 watts rms running to it, no more then a 1000

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess u missed the part where i placed a budget upon myself.... other wise i would go with the big bangers...

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BBProductions said:
just remember underpowering your subs can be just as bad as overpowering them,
Actually overpowering your subs is good, underpowering them is what blows s**t out.

boostinhb77 said:
If you are smart then dont get anything but JL, Alpine,or MB quart
:roll:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that VERBAL said:
Actually overpowering your subs is good, underpowering them is what blows s**t out.

:roll:
u had better elaborate before I e-b***h slap you...... :P

like saying maybe... TURN THE GAIN DOWN if you are overpowering it... (or if its underpowered you dont want the gain all the way up)