buying new clutch!!!which one???

badboy4life96

D-ShIzNeT
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so finally got my nitrous kit hooked up
im jetting around 50 shots
but even on 50 shots the clutch is slipping like CRAZZZYYY maybe its cuz of these heavy ass 17 wheels and all the weight of the sound system
and i got my clutch changed frm honda like 3 months ago!!!
anyways i plan to run around 75 shots in the future
and have been looking into this centerforce dual friction clutch set
how is it anyone used it???
also wat wud be a good price for it brand new?(links wud be gr8 too)

on the side note the guy who installed the kit on my d16z6 moved the whole distributor assembly bak a little
whn i asked him wat he was doing he said he was retarding the timing a bit
but now after the retard i feel like ive lost alotta power the car isnt running like it used to
i went bak to him asked him to advance it bak he said then running nitrous wudnt be as safe
so wat to do now????

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need something that retards timing when you spray, i think msd makes something... i dont mess with nitrous so i dont really know
if your going to spray then you should leave it how it is, the car seems slower because its retarted

i dont like centerforce... i like action clutches.. have a act and i hate it
what are future goals for car

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have a centerforce in mine (got it for free) and i like it so far. i only have a stock motor t hough, so i cant comment on its power handling capabilities. the consensus for boost/n20 is that the clutchmasters stage 3 is just about the best out there. and its also one of the most expensiver, at about 500 bucks.

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
500 for a clutch...... for nitrous or boost
yall need to jump on the action wagon suckas... i think my action stage 2md handle 300ftlbs and 400whp........325 i think new
sold it to my boy 200

suckas

badboy4life96

D-ShIzNeT
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well evan im getting a real sweet deal on a centerforce dual friction clutch
sumthin like $230
but the only prob is that its for a 89 civic but my mechanic says that wont be a problem cuz
all u need for it to fit rite is a flywheel frm the junkyard which fits
so im giving serious thought into buying it
anyways all im interested in knowing is that HOW hard is it than a stock honda clutch

and future plans for the car r a custom turbo kit runnin 12 pounds wid a thicker gasket(plz no flaming,i know its a bad idea but i aint got the money for internals rite now)
and ill probably sell the nitrous kit to a friend

and evan give me links to sites selling these action(or any other good) clutches

Last edited:

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
89 clutch wont work, its a cable tranny and you have a hydro tranny
the clutches are different
get a new mechanic now who knows hondas

wiredspeed.com ask for kyle and tell him Evan sent ya. 12lbs on a D series is possible, just go with a oem 3 layer honda gasket.. no need to lower your comp anymore.. with the right sized turbo and enough fuel you will be ok
but id stick with 10lbs, no need for a 3bar map sensor and the trouble of more wear n tear for 2 more lbs

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clutches from 90-00 fit in ur car
but for 90-91 u need to replace the throwout bearing with a 92-00 one from honda

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am gay there i said it.....
its not easy to tell the world you like it in the ass......

GREEN HAS THE POWER

Last edited:

Civicdreams

Get Ready 2 Get Merked
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Centerforce is good....I just got the daul friction installed like three weeks ago but I dont have alot of power yet so dont really now.........Im getting a turbo over the winter so hopefully it holds at 12 pounds of boost or i just f**ked myself for some money lol...........

Civicdreams

Get Ready 2 Get Merked
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And ravage W T F man was that s**t really needed here man

You will need a throwout bearing for that clutch centerforce sells that for cheap

t04ecvc

evan2 is my hoe
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have used a Centerforce on 3 of my cars, they will hold up as long as you don't go over 180-200 ft/lbs. I just switched out my centerforce for a Competion Clutch. I'll let you know how that works for me.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a 6 puck clutch specialties clutch. It was good, alot of chatter though because it wasnt organic. I am in the process of getting a clutch masters spring loaded 6 puck now with a 2700 lb back plate =) should hold my turbo power muhahahaha.....

You need to read up more on honda performance so you dont get screwed by your 'mechanic'. Because you need more than a thick head gasket to run 12 psi on a stock engine. And as for the head gasket, I have a Cometic, very good quality. Might take awhile to get though.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A buddy of mine has a Centerforce on his teggy. He runs 12lbs and a 75 shot. Seems to work for him.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm running a centerforce 2 and it's great but I don't have a lot of power. Also, my friend is running a dual friction on his GSR hatch and he loves it.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
evan2 said:
89 clutch wont work, its a cable tranny and you have a hydro tranny
the clutches are different
get a new mechanic now who knows hondas

That's false. An 89 clutch will work. The clutch itself isn't cable, its the transmission. In fact, it's common when doing a swap that an EG clutch will be used instead of the EF because they're about 2 inches wider. Just like you can use an EF tranny on an EG engine or vise versa (d-series SOHC that is)

Last edited: