Cable VS Hydraulic

HatchyLULU

I'm Punjabi
Well ive heard alot of stuff from different people but im in a stump, What is better, Cable or Hydraulic transmissions? I have a 1991 honda civic hatchback. Im about to buy a b18b1 with minor mods but ill add alot more, rebuild it myself. Just i want to know if Hydro or cable is better?

jessye08

Cable would be easyier in your car a lot of people perfect the feel of the cable but I prefer the hydro . If u decide to go hydro innovative and I think hasport make adapter kits to run it.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why its just more things to break
how is it more things to break? clutch cables break more often than slave cylinders go bad. Plus, the aftermarket support for hydro stuff far outnumbers the things available for cable trannys.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how is it more things to break? clutch cables break more often than slave cylinders go bad. Plus, the aftermarket support for hydro stuff far outnumbers the things available for cable trannys.
^Agreed. Go hydro if you got time and cash for the mounts, stay cable if you don't want to spend more or do too much more work, but in the long run hydro's the better choice