Camber Help Please!

torch_ind

Hey guys my skunk2 shock/spring kit came in today and I am anxious to get them on, but I want to know if I will need a camber kit, or will an alignment be ok? Dont want to go through tires like crazy. If I do need a camber kit, can I get away with a cheapo-ebay, or just save for skunk2's. It's a 2.5" drop all around..

you will get camber wear without a camber kit. you may want to spend the money on a quality kit.

some people will argue you don't need it but it does affect tire wear. you will wear inside edge of your tires. the lower you go the worst it will wear. it also causes less tire contact to the road so will go in to a slide easier on sharp turns. perfect for drift!!! if thats what your going for.

you could always put in your lowering springs in and have your alignment check "make sure to get them to set the toe anyway" but if it's not out to far from spec you may still get decent tire life but it will wear out on the inside faster.

here is pic's of my tire after 1 year of cruising on them on my 92 Honda accord. the car was slammed as low as i could get it

dwoodson87

ProtekYaNeck
5+ Year Member
cool thanks man, eventhough i can barely wait to put 'em on I guess it will pay off in the long run when i can save up for good camber kit.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should be fine without one. Just get that alignment though. And do the washer trick for the rears.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you won't NEED a camber kit, you should be fine with a 2.5" drop, get your toe adjusted... and if they are just spring you can always do the washer trick

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't need a camber kit. Just an alignment. Toe is what kills tires, not camber. Camber won't do s**t unless you're seriously dumped and your camber is so negative, only the edge of your tire is touching the ground.

I'm lowered 2-2.5" and I got an alignment, no camber kit, my tires are wearing evenly and I've put a couple thousand miles on em. I take them to their limits too.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the member's ride forum is for members to post pics of their rides.. hence the name of the forum! :lol: Tech questions belong in tech. I will move this for you.