camber kit issues

ImportRacerFF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
be careful w/ the new bushings. they are extremely loud after a few miles. They are great improvment though, u'll corner faster then u can imagine, but they squek extremely loud =/

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ImportRacerFF said:
be careful w/ the new bushings. they are extremely loud after a few miles. They are great improvment though, u'll corner faster then u can imagine, but they squek extremely loud =/
does the sound ever go away or is it something that I'm going to have to live with.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2GCIVI said:
does the sound ever go away or is it something that I'm going to have to live with.
Not unless you relube all of them somewhat frequently w/teflon grease I believe.

ImportRacerFF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, basiclly u wont get rid of the noise. but its not real loud, only when ur driving with no music.

ImportRacerFF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u looking for a poly kit to replace all ur bushings or just a camber kit w/ poly bushings?

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he just got a camberkit, so im assuming the whole thing
BTW 2gciv, don't get the next alignment untill you do your shox too, or else it will be 3 times a charm.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ImportRacerFF said:
u looking for a poly kit to replace all ur bushings or just a camber kit w/ poly bushings?

well, will replacing just the kit bushing really make that much difference.....and what bushing fall under the ALL BUSHING category?....I have a 19mm sway bar if that matters

ImportRacerFF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im sure there is hundred something bushigns throughout the car. but most bushing kits come with a few dozen. Basiclly when u turn the weight of the car shifting is pushed onto the bushings. With rubber bushings they flex causing uneven turning. Poly ones will flex less causing a more smooth cornering but more importantly becaues there is less flex the suspension can react quicker causign ur cornering to become more reactive. Steel bushings are actually the best because there is no flex. but those are for race cars only, dont even ask about them unless u have the car up on a trailer all the time.

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicFreak26 said:
damn, i only paid 40 last time i got new tires.
is it really necessary to get an alignment after u get new tires? imo it should be the same right?

ImportRacerFF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends on the tire. if you changed tire size and/or width you will HAVE TO get an alignment. Firestone is a great place to go for these type of things, they always (in my experieneces) will throw the alignment for free. If you live towards the south and you have an ALL-PRO/Tire Connection Tell them you will continue using their services if alignments are free whenever u do suspension changes and they will give it to you free. Alignments take seconds with places that have a laser alignment system, so its just an overcharged procedure and will normally throw it in free to keep you coming back. But if i was you i would probably get an alignment with new tires only because tires are not cheap, and if u run down ur tires with the alignment off it will look like this

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ikillradio said:
and since you dropped it, your lower ties are no longer as they were when you were stock, so when you hit holes and bumpy road your car will pull hard to either side.
Is this normal? Mine does not do this.

2GCIVI said:
steering is much tighter. Very good advise. Next week I'm getting urethene bushings in and my shocks. please telll me I don't have to get another alignment.
You will most definately need an alignment after doing a master bushing set, no way around it.

ImportRacerFF said:
Not if you get the graphite impregnated ones and an extra tub of lube so you can be overly generous with it. By overly generous, I mean something like this.

2kstreetcivic said:
well, will replacing just the kit bushing really make that much difference.....and what bushing fall under the ALL BUSHING category?....I have a 19mm sway bar if that matters
The bushing kit makes a world of difference. What you are looking for is the Master Bushing Kit, and you will get front upper control arm bushings which will go in your camber arms, front lower control arm bushings, front sway bushings and endlinks, steering rack bushings, front/rear shock bushings and upper spring seats, rear trailing arm bushings, and tierod/balljoint boots (which most people don't use because they suck), I think that is it if memory serves. I got mine, and a good bit of other stuff from Wired Speedlabs...check them out, they are good people. www.wiredspeed.com

ImportRacerFF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it wont matter how much u lube them up, they will still make noise because the lube willl wear off. its not to bad its worth it if you want to corner faster. The entire bushing kits are a good idea but if your not doing this all your self expect to pay a bit in labor. If your looking for a camber kit SPC (specialty products company) has a nice front control arm. Its a tubular design with poly bushings. I currently am using it in my car.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ImportRacerFF said:
it wont matter how much u lube them up, they will still make noise because the lube willl wear off. its not to bad its worth it if you want to corner faster. The entire bushing kits are a good idea but if your not doing this all your self expect to pay a bit in labor. If your looking for a camber kit SPC (specialty products company) has a nice front control arm. Its a tubular design with poly bushings. I currently am using it in my car.

thanks for explaing the bushings things to me.......I will look into it.....as for a good camber kit, I HAVE to suggest the Ingalls Camber kits...I have the front kit and they are sweet....havent had any problems with them

civicracer2218

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the SPC front adjustable ball joints and the rear adjustable camber kit for my 99-00. I was told that the toe links also help a bit on saving tire life so I picked up a set, still trying to find some time so I can install my setup. Also heard that SPC products are much quieter then Ingalls. I wanted to know if its worth for me to invest in the SPC upper control arm? Also might I add a little advice on the alignment issue...Brake Check has a great price on lifetime alignment...$100 for the first time and after that its about $4 everytime you get your alignment done. Some places wont even charge you the $4 if you become cool with the guys that work on your ride. =)