camber kit needed? opinions?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think its time to drop and i was looking at the tein s techs. you guys think i really need a camber kit with these since its not a huge drop?:what::what:
could i get away with a alignment? tire wear?

asor3682

I think its time to drop and i was looking at the tein s techs. you guys think i really need a camber kit with these since its not a huge drop?:what::what:
could i get away with a alignment? tire wear?
ive read that a camber kit is recommended if the drop is over 1.5in ... i would do a camber kit jst to be safe

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm camber corrected with Blox up front and currently nothing in the rear. That will change this summer. I'm not sure I'd do it all over again with Blox due to their poor track record, but I'm definitely glad I've got something.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok. guess i will wait till i have money for the front and rear camber kits. play it safe

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well the s-techs were designed to be ok with oem ones so i was gonna run that, and then when they go bad, figure out what ill get. i know its not a good idea, but thats life

asor3682

well the s-techs were designed to be ok with oem ones so i was gonna run that, and then when they go bad, figure out what ill get. i know its not a good idea, but thats life
yea im on the same boat with ya ... im tryin to save up to get some konis or tokico to go with thos tein s

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah. if i can sell my system ill just buy coilovers though. f&f type ones. thats what i really want, but selling this isnt looking good

asor3682

yeah. if i can sell my system ill just buy coilovers though. f&f type ones. thats what i really want, but selling this isnt looking good
is this for your daily driver? ... i know everyone has their on opinion but ive had alot of ppl tell me that coilovers kinda suck for a dialy driver

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yessir. only car i own. ive heard love it and hate it. ill just see where my money leads me lol

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Um yeah DO NOT listen to any of those above posts. You DO NOT need a camber kit with the Tein springs. Just get an alignment, I have a lower drop than the S-Techs and it's been 2 years and my tires are wearing evenly.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It also keeps my tires looking nice and flush flush with my fenders.

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Um yeah DO NOT listen to any of those above posts. You DO NOT need a camber kit with the Tein springs. Just get an alignment, I have a lower drop than the S-Techs and it's been 2 years and my tires are wearing evenly.
X2

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LMAO at people saying to get a camber kit for s-techs.... they barely even lower the car AT ALL. do NOT get a camber kit for these springs.

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
I'm saving for those coilovers too. And I'm planning on doing the camber kit and lower control arms at the same time. Looks like I'm gonna be saving for awhile.. :???:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ha well i just thought i would hear some opinions. ive heard people getting tire wear with them and people who havent. and its a DD that gets driven a lot. and i like to run soft tires so camber will eat them

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol seems like you don't know the difference between camber and toe.:smackself

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i know the difference lol im not retarded. just rather eliminate both. idc if its necessary or not. i rather just be safe. im a poor ass you cant afford buying tires all the time

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well if money is a factor, than why buy a camber kit? Remember the S-Techs barely lowers your car, a hungry dog licking your tires would wear them out more than those springs.