camber kits?

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im bout to lower my car and i was wondering do camber kits work to help keep the car from wearin out tires? or do they do anything(which i know they do but idk wat) should i buy a camber kit with my coilovers?

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Camber kits are great! Ive responded to many, many posts about this and all I gotta say is, camber kits are great!

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eibach camber kits are around $95 each.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
StanghaterCivic said:
so my tires wont get wore out as fast?
Yea, it depends on how low you want the car to be. The lower it is, youre most likely gonna have tire wear.

I was suffering from tire wear syndrome for 3 years buying tires almost every 2 months at a used tire shop. Not to mention, uneven wear can lead to tire blowout where the tire wears out after the metal wires.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought some NEW tires last september to get ready for the winter and the tires still have about 90% tread today. If I didnt have the kit, the tires would of been recycled.

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 2.5 in drop and went through 2 sets of tires in 8 months. got a full alignment on car and toe set back to zero. since then, no camber, no problem. IMO - u only need camber kits for big situations. only problem in my situation was finding someone who aligned lower cars.

Civicdreams

Get Ready 2 Get Merked
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your getting coilovers Id get a camber kit.
yo BLACKEJ84 you say you got your car aligned without a camber kit. does your camber stay at zero even though your car is lowered without a kit? I would like to know because if so f**k the camber kit ill just lower it and get it aligned

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a good picture to help you understand

See how the lower arm drastically points towards the ground? It makes the tire sit like \ instead of | , causing bad tire wear. The camber kit corrects the camber (go figure) and sets the tire straight up and down.

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civicdreams said:
yo BLACKEJ84 you say you got your car aligned without a camber kit. does your camber stay at zero even though your car is lowered without a kit? I would like to know because if so f**k the camber kit ill just lower it and get it aligned

yea it stays at zero now. it rides hell of a lot better, was only 50.oo but i got a deal from a friend. its def a way to go, try it. if it dont suit u, then get camber kit. i hesitated on that and im glad i did.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civicdreams said:
no, the camber cant be changed without kits after being lowered, he means he had the toe angle set back to zero. A car set very far toe in or toe out can really chew some tires.

Civicdreams

Get Ready 2 Get Merked
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea but it seems that BLACKEJ84 got a sick ass deal without having to pay a shitload of moola for a camber kit then pay a load to get it installed

Civicdreams

Get Ready 2 Get Merked
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im getting 17's in like any day. and I want to drop it just so there is like a half inch between the fender and the tire. I know im not be able to turn as quick as I can but it will still move fast on corners without rubbing right? Any suggestions for a spring kit or better am I better off with coils? My buddy has the Weapon R coils and he says it looks good but its the worst ride youll ever have. His car is also slammed so I guess thats why. Anyways ClubCivic I need to go beat a red light ticket in Court so wish me luck peace out

Inigo Montoya