can a 99-00 hood fit inside a coupe with the rear seats down?

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im planning to go out of state for a few days to visit my sister and i figure since ill be down there id check craigslist for stuff. i found a carbon fiber for a good price and i want it. so my question is will a 99-00 civic hood fit inside a 00 coupe? I used to own a 98 4dr and i once fit a hood inside that but not sure if it will fit the coupe. are the dimension about exactly the same?

any feedback will be appreciated, Thank you.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im planning to go out of state for a few days to visit my sister and i figure since ill be down there id check craigslist for stuff. i found a carbon fiber for a good price and i want it. so my question is will a 99-00 civic hood fit inside a 00 coupe? I used to own a 98 4dr and i once fit a hood inside that but not sure if it will fit the coupe. are the dimension about exactly the same?

any feedback will be appreciated, Thank you.
Nope I'm pretty sure it doesn't, unless all of your seats go down. Only my left 2 go down.

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope. Although you could have pulled your OEM hood off and tried. ;)

Your best bet is to get a truck with a bed or SUV.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
You seriously fit a hood inside a 4 door civic? I don't believe it. I need pics for proof. I don't see how a hood could fit through the door or the trunk. I don't see that as even being remotely possible.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
^^i did that lol but it was only 10min away fron the guys house, you get alot of looks lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You seriously fit a hood inside a 4 door civic? I don't believe it. I need pics for proof. I don't see how a hood could fit through the door or the trunk. I don't see that as even being remotely possible.
it fits dude trust me, its all about the position. just gotta get it in the right angles and the hood goes in. sorry i have no pics kuz it was a quick trade job i was doing. i bought a green hood off a guy and my friend had a carbon fiber hood that he said he would trade if i got the hood the same color as his car (he was going for that sleeper look) so i picked it up and then like 20 mins i go to my friends house and traded right away.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
I picked up a whole front end not too long ago (hood, fenders, grill, bumper, headlights, lip) and I transported the hood on the roof. All you gotta do is lay down a nice thick blanket between the roof and hood. Use about 100ft of rope to tie down the hood. And then use heavy duty shrink wrap to completely secure the hood. Drove home 30 miles at 75mph with no incident.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I swear there was a thread exactly like this a couple months ago...